*NEW-DFI NF4-D*.. Mod to SataII and SLI Picture Tutorial

quick question, tried searching, maybe I keyed the wrong info in, on neweggs listing of this board, in the pics of the included accessories they show what appears to be a sli connector, now I was re thinking this through, Monarch is selling this bad boy the non ultra-d board for 112 shipped :) if it does come with a sli bridge that makes this a sweet board, I have no need for dually lan really, and to be honest, I would really consider this mod thing, so can anyone verify this thing might or might not come with the sli connector thing, even if I do get the board from monarch, the 15 dollars saved from the ultra-d at the egg might be golden as with the ultra-d you still have to hunt down the sli connector thingy

Ill be happy if someone tells me yes

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quick question, tried searching, maybe I keyed the wrong info in, on neweggs listing of this board, in the pics of the included accessories they show what appears to be a sli connector, now I was re thinking this through, Monarch is selling this bad boy the non ultra-d board for 112 shipped :) if it does come with a sli bridge that makes this a sweet board, I have no need for dually lan really, and to be honest, I would really consider this mod thing, so can anyone verify this thing might or might not come with the sli connector thing, even if I do get the board from monarch, the 15 dollars saved from the ultra-d at the egg might be golden as with the ultra-d you still have to hunt down the sli connector thingy

Ill be happy if someone tells me yes

They must have made a mistake.. The NF4-D does NOT come with the bridge but it IS able to mod to SLI and Sata2.. If you look at the first post of this thread I listed where you can order the bridge seperatly..

yep, quite aware of it, been factoring that in if i bought the ultra-d it would be 145 total for a working sli setup with a bought bridge, so when looking at the eggs pics of the board and included accessories it sure looks like it comes with one by thier pics, must be a mistake, its still a great deal at 112 shipped from monarch, would have been sweet if it did come with it, hehe add the 15 dollar bridge and there you have it, cheapest sli board from DFI, like I said, I wouldnt even need the second lan I dont even see the point in the dually anyhow

I'm running an nF4-D that's been modded to SLI and SATA II.

Real solid rig and has all the options available for the future.

yep, quite aware of it, been factoring that in if i bought the ultra-d it would be 145 total for a working sli setup with a bought bridge, so when looking at the eggs pics of the board and included accessories it sure looks like it comes with one by thier pics, must be a mistake, its still a great deal at 112 shipped from monarch, would have been sweet if it did come with it, hehe add the 15 dollar bridge and there you have it, cheapest sli board from DFI, like I said, I wouldnt even need the second lan I dont even see the point in the dually anyhow

Greetings all !

ExRoadie.. is there any performance and/or overclocking potential difference between NF4-D and NF4 Ultra-D (and SLI-D).. or both are built around the same chipset with different features ??

This matters for those interested only in performance ...

How high do NF4-D overclcoks compared to NF4-SLI... based on your experinece ?

The boards are exactly the same down to the trace level. The chipsets are different only by the bridges that are completed.

The Ultra and SLI "D" models do not have the SIL controller with the four additional SATA ports and RAID-5 support.

The nF4-D does not have the SIL controller or the second Lan port.

Using the same BIOS, CPU, RAM, video card and drive array, I was able to get within a couple of FSB clicks with the nF4-D compared to the nF4 UT SLI-DR. That's well within the margin of error for two identical boards right off the assembly line.

Greetings all !

ExRoadie.. is there any performance and/or overclocking potential difference between NF4-D and NF4 Ultra-D (and SLI-D).. or both are built around the same chipset with different features ??

This matters for those interested only in performance ...

How high do NF4-D overclcoks compared to NF4-SLI... based on your experinece ?

Thanx a lot.

Here in Romania, the Ultra-D is about 30$ more than NF4-D. The SLI-D is 35$ more than Ultra-D, and the SLI-DR is about 35-40$ more than SLI-D !!!

That makes of NF4-D the bang for the buck (if you can call it that way at about 170 US Dollars )!

Thanks for those pics. It shows everyone what the epoxy looks like before they decide if they want to attempt the mod.

Not sure what the purpose of the epoxy in the top right is.

newDFIChipset001.jpg

here my new dfi-u-D :sweat:

You haven't performed the mod have you.

The addition of the epoxy only makes the mod take longer. Using a very sharp knife you simply score the epoxy in two directions. Vertical cuts then horizontal cuts. This serves to break it up quite nicely.

You gently scrape the cut area off then make more cuts. Repeat until the bridge points are visible and there is no epoxy on the contact surface.

Once this is done you simply bridge the points and put everything back together.

Of course you attempt this at your own risk.

I think is very dangerous make this mod NOW. One slip and r.i.p................. and the chipset has a multi-layer not allowing force the probe.