2gb for Lanparty Ultra-D, which to pick?

misteranime

I'm building a new rig and am trying to find out what the best RAM for the Lanparty nf4 Ultra-D would be. I want 2gb, and I will be OCing (Planned CPU is the Athlon 64 3700+ SD Core), so keeping that in mind the two options I am looking at right now are:

-OCZ Performance 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit System Memory

-2 GB (2 pcs 1GB) DDR (400) PC-3200 Patriot (PDC2G3200LLK)

Any experience with either of these on this board? Any recommendations one way or the other? Or is there a different RAM altogether I should be considering? Any help would be great, so please let me know if you have any input. Thanks!

• 2 months later...
Hmmm. I just read a post from a guy over at EOCF who's bought the Patriot kit and complaining that it won't overclock at all.

You got 215 at stock timing and volts?

That is the normal cost of 1gb ram chips AG is getting some OCZ 1gb so he should be able to let you know very quickly if it will limit your overclock.

I just bought a pair of that ramOCZ Performance 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit System Memory

Will arriv today and i will finally be able to setup my system. as per signature, except that MDT ram never arrive bloody germany.

i got the 2gig of ocz OCZ4002048ELDCPE-K

My understanding is that you really can't expect to get that RAM running at much higher than 220 to 230 MHz at 1:1. I understand that OCZ will soon be coming out with a high-performance 2GB kit.

About the only 1GB sticks that currently clock well are the Crucial Ballistix PC-4000 sticks, that run $399 a set. Ouch! I'm guessing that the upcoming OCZ sticks will be at least as pricey.

Great! That's the platinum version isn't it (OCZ4002048ELDCPE-K)?

Let me know how it works out for you please.

I defintely will because 2GB kits are fast becoming a reality for all the games that are coming etc

From what AndyOCZ told me about the original pair that i had for a customer, they would top out around 235 (DDR470). Of course each result may vary, and they are guaranteed to only DDR400...but with a divider they might get you a lot higher (since cpu mhz is what you should be interested in more than memory bandwidth as cpu mhz is where all the performance is)

Guest burningrave101
should be here by friday...its the good Infineon based 2-3-5-2 stuff i think

I've seen several people running these sticks with Infineon based modules and they normally top out at <230Mhz. You may get lucky and get 235Mhz. The best 1GB modules right now are the Crucial Value if you want cheap and the Crucial Ballistix if you want expensive. The Ballistix will beat anything currently available in OC'ing and the Value at only around $105 a stick will run up around 230-250Mhz.