TCCD....memory timings on NF2

Yes,I've read AG's statements that there is virtually no performance increase by running in DC.

I like the fact that,if your running more vdimm you can separate the sticks as far as possible to get better cooling,even better w/fan.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, failed Prime after 6 hours in single channel mode. The dimm that failed OCCT in slot 1 was in slot 2 this time. I've been keeping CPUZ open while testing to make sure that the timings ARE set to 2-2-2-5 like they should be.

I used this RAM in my Asus A7N8X-X (SC only board), but I don't remember running Prime95. I got this RAM in the first half of February.

I don't feel that I need to do long-term testing of single sticks, but I'll try anyways. If the RAM can't even run in single channel when forced to SPD timings, then that screams "RMA Time". I'll let Prime95 go nuts with the stick that didn't fail in #1, just to see if the other one is borked too.

For some reason I'm inclined to wait until my BS gets here before I try RMAing these sticks. Just in case, though it seems highly unlikely that it'll make it better. Maybe I'd trust this RAM less if it weren't so damn good looking! :rolleyes:

i'm using the latest dfi official bios, works well with tccd. you guys might want to try it. i too, noticed no increased fsb overclockability after i turned cpc off. leave it on for highest performance.

i'm using the latest dfi official bios, works well with tccd. you guys might want to try it. i too, noticed no increased fsb overclockability after i turned cpc off. leave it on for highest performance.

mine wouldn't post with the latest official bios, although i havent tried it since i got my bios savior.

have you noticed any difference in stability compared with any of the hellfire rev's or official 6/19 bios with your tccd? any advantages?

i've tried 3rd party bioses and stuff, used hellfire for a while, switched back to official in case i ever needed dfi to hotflash my bios for me. i also use the latest bios because it overclocks WELL, no other bios has got me to 260 fsb stable like this. i used 6/19 officilal too (i've tried just about every official and most modded bioses out there), and nothing beats the 11/24/04 for me. it seems that every board is different with respect to what bios works best. i've decided to not screw with flashing bioses daily like i used to for 1mhz fsb or something stupid like that and to leave it how it works (but not stock of course, max stable speed :D).

Hmm, interesting how you can boot with 11/24 and TCCD. Good for you though. :)

As for me, I've found my bad stick. First dimm in slot1 went over 10 hours in Prime before I stopped it. Second dimm in slot 1 went 14 minutes before it stopped itself. I'm pretty sure I've found the culprit... Doubt even a BIOS flash can save this puppy, so it's RMA time. :(

edit: Just emailed Andy from OCZ. It'll get sorted out. Also asked about the TCC5 chips that seem to be showing up instead of TCCD in the Rev2 kits.

Yeah, I'm also hoping that I get TCCD back, not TCC5. :rolleyes:

Also, the Gold VX PC3200 kit is on sale again locally for $219CDN. Not sure if I should grab this now or wait for the OCZ BH-5 to arrive. I haven't seen any reviews for the new BH-5 yet though. I don't even know why I'm considering this, 2.5-3-3-7 isn't that much slower than 2-2-2-5 at 250MHz. Noticeable difference at 200MHz though, much smoother in games.

The Hellfire stuff sure works great for 2 x 256 mb BH-5 for me, but when I tried my "spare" TCCD (waiting for the NF3 939) ;) I couldnt get it working near as well as the BH-5 with the same bios.

regs

Hi. I would really love to know where to download Hellfire BIOSes. I have found one or 2 but when I try to flash using AWDFLASH in DOS it would say the part numbers in the existin BIOS and the one to flash do not match, or something.]

I am pretty sure that it was a Hellfire one and for Ultra Infirnity as the filename was "N24ID619-3EG-REV3".

Or you reckon that I should ignore it and use Winflash to flash in in Windows?

By the way which Helfire bios version is the best? I heard that the Turbo one isn't good.

I have both BH-5 (OCZ Value VX) and Corsair 3200XL Rev 1.1 (non BP pcb, TCCD) ra.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

FLD.

Could you please enter a sig,

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...701&postcount=2

I just flashed my Infiniho w/same bios,it would'nt load until I renamed the file Hell3,be sure to add .bin when using awdflash

Hi. If you meant me I once did have my sig but someone complained it was too long and annoying as I have 4 DFI based systems, 3 DFI NFII UI's and 1 DFI NFII LP B.

I now and then ask a question about each of them so I did not see any point listing my sig on one of them and had to change next time I asked another question about another one. So I took it off.

I am really sorry for this and appreciate your help.

What would you like to know about my system(s)?

I did rename the file on the FD to "hell3.BIN". I guess the capital letters do not matter in DOS?

Which Hellfire BIOS version you think is the best for both TCCD and BH-5 ram?

Thank you very much.

EDIT: Or any other BIOSes if they are better than HF ones.