TCCD....memory timings on NF2

TRY cpc on,apic off.

i wiill definately try it with apic off, what does it actually do to the system other than generally increasing stability?

i know it stands for Advanced programmable interrupt controller but that is about the extent of my knowledge, I will obviously google it myself but you seem to be such a good source of info, almost everything you have suggested so far has worked to my advantage. :D

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, from what i just read it seems it limits the number of irq's, and turning it off can cause hardware conflicts, anyone had first hand experience of this?

*edit*

another question, by turning apic off all the drivers have to be reloaded correct?

so when would i be able to reload the sata drivers, will i have boot issues as i only have sata disks?

Just my 2 cents, but I would ask the question "which bios works best for TCCD ram on NF2 boards" ?

The Hellfire stuff sure works great for 2 x 256 mb BH-5 for me, but when I tried my "spare" TCCD (waiting for the NF3 939) ;) I couldnt get it working near as well as the BH-5 with the same bios.

regs

ok, from what i just read it seems it limits the number of irq's, and turning it off can cause hardware conflicts, anyone had first hand experience of this?

*edit*

another question, by turning apic off all the drivers have to be reloaded correct?

so when would i be able to reload the sata drivers, will i have boot issues as i only have sata disks?

I haven't had to reinstall any drivers from turning apic off and I'm running sata raid 0,but I have had to just do a winxp repair because of corrupted/missing files after trying to run some extreme FSB(260),during the attempt I did try apic disabled,which could have been related to the fubar.

Perhaps a forum search on apic off could turn up more info,as I do know others have used the option successfully,running what OS I'm not sure.

You could test and try with the apic on and off BUT its is best to turn off or on when you are reinstalling your OS not while you have an OS on there already, this could lead to all sorts of probs, I used to run my NF7 with Apic of as it caused major issues in my board. I have tested it off on my UI as well as there was "rumour" that it got you a few more fsb in 3dmark etc " I found not to be worth it so turned it back on" Off course make sure your not getting this mixed up with Acpi as i seen alot of folks get confused over the 2 which are different.......Running WinXp Pro SP2 and tested both, me i have to run with Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) as i get landrops otherwise so that is Apic ON and ACPI ON as well, folks sometimes run with Apic OFF and ACPI ON as this seems better for the individual, like i say you gotta test but i would think about it next time i was gonna R&R (Reformat & Reinstall) ;)

Wow, that's awesome. :cool:

What's with the 3Dmark01 score though? Running too many other things at the same time?

Iwondered about that score as well,then I noticed gpu absent from sig,clue?

My video card is crap...it's a MSI FX5200. The wifey says I have to wait to get the 256 mb 6800GT that I want. :( I'll run some benchmarks after work tomorrow, it's late and I just woke up to grab a drink...of course made a pit stop to the computer before going back to bed.

tccd is great, but not as good as good ol bh-5 (or 6) on nf2. my tccd at 24/7 speed is 260 fsb, 1:1, 2.5-3-3-10, perfectly stable. this is with a single 512mb stick. if you have a 512mb tccd, you might want to trade it to me for two NICE sticks of bh5/6, as you will hit your mobo's limit before you hit the ram's limit. plus, bh5/6 uses lower latencies, and axps love low latencies. i'm lucky with this mobo. btw, i'm using the latest bios from dfi's official site, great bios!

tccd is great, but not as good as good ol bh-5 (or 6) on nf2. my tccd at 24/7 speed is 260 fsb, 1:1, 2.5-3-3-10, perfectly stable. this is with a single 512mb stick. if you have a 512mb tccd, you might want to trade it to me for two NICE sticks of bh5/6, as you will hit your mobo's limit before you hit the ram's limit. plus, bh5/6 uses lower latencies, and axps love low latencies. i'm lucky with this mobo. btw, i'm using the latest bios from dfi's official site, great bios!

My mobo shipped with the 11/24/2004 BIOS and it wouldn't even POST with my TCCD. :confused: