TCCD....memory timings on NF2

My mobo shipped with the 11/24/2004 BIOS and it wouldn't even POST with my TCCD. :confused:

i cannot get it to post with the 11/24/04 bios either, seem to get the best stability with the hellfire rev2 so far. Altho i cannot get 250fsb stable, 248 seems the fastest my tccd will go with 2.5-3-3-11. cpc off doesnt seem to make any difference to stability for me. :confused:

yet to try apic off, have to wait till my exams are finished before trying that.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i cannot get it to post with the 11/24/04 bios either, seem to get the best stability with the hellfire rev2 so far. Altho i cannot get 250fsb stable, 248 seems the fastest my tccd will go with 2.5-3-3-11. cpc off doesnt seem to make any difference to stability for me. :confused:

yet to try apic off, have to wait till my exams are finished before trying that.

Have you tried the 6/19 official yet,that should be good w/tccd.

Wow, thats a very nice memory oc :) You Got FSB for me? :D

That FX5200 is crap lol. Is that the highest you can get? The MSI NFII Sempron system i built for my nephew with 256mb of Crucial Ram and onboard GeForce MX graphics gets near 4000. I thought my card was bad with around 10,000 3D Marks :nod:

Have you tried the 6/19 official yet,that should be good w/tccd.

i have yeah, when running 250fsb with current memory timings i was experiencing lockups in windows which i dont get with the hellfire rev2. Other than that they performed very similar.

At 250 fsb it will pass 8 hours of prime on large, on average it lasted 5 hours on blend and will fail memtest#5 on roughly 1 in 8 passes.

248 passes everything fine

At this point ,I'm not sure what else to try,other than apic off,the other mem settings,DS + SR and other obscure settings that I usually leave on auto because I haven't made time to play with,you may be able to get your 250fsb playing w/them.

There is an NF2 tweaker also that may make it easier to play with,hopefully we'll find some optimum settings for TCCD on NF2

My board is acting strangely with my TCCD and official 6/19 BIOS. The OCCT stability testing program fails (or freezes computer) after a couple minutes when running 200x9 (less speed than stock 166x11) and SPD for everything else. Prime95 also has issues with crashing and finding errors. Went 8 hours just fine one night on Prime95 before I stopped it (wasn't cycling through the tests though...).

Right now I put a stick of old Kingston ValueRAM in the board, and it's been going strong for almost 8 hours in Prime95. I put the CPU back to 166x11 to test 100% SPD levels. This stick of PC2700 is 100% stable up to 205MHz at 2.5-3-3-11, and this CPU went days on Prime95 at 200x11 and stock voltage with my old Aeroflow.

If I can't get this thing stable with known components, it's RMA time. My BIOS Saviour will be here this week.

:mad:

I just got some OCZ pc3200 plat rev2 and things have been playing up for me too. I'm also waiting for the bios saviour so when I get it i'll try out the hellfire and tictac versions, see which is best.

Right now I can get hit 220mhz at 5-2-2-2 and 250 at 6-3-3-3 so all is looking good things don't seem quite right with the tccd like they did with my old corsair ram...

I put my old Kingston ValueRAM back in (512 PC3200, 512PC2700 that's stable to 205MHz 2.5-3-3-11). Passed OCCT and 12 hours of Prime95 at 166x11 and 100% SPD. Changed to 200x9 1:1 and SPD everything else, and passed OCCT and 12 hours of Prime95. I've left my computer running on OCCT Torture mode today, see how that goes.

Moral of the story: even the official 6/19 BIOS isn't stable with TCCD for me. Can the BIOS Saviour be safely run for extended periods of time? Can I load the RD1 with the Hellfire Rev3 and test with that? DFI's BIOS chip would still have an offical BIOS on it, so I don't think there'd be an RMA issue with that.

I keep thinking that the SPD timings aren't really configured for NF2 setups. Could there be a few SPD settings in the BIOS that don't agree with NF2?