My computer is making a hissing sound while OCed

UPDATE...

Well that one trick of taking off my heatsink and reattaching it seems to have worked for the most part. :) There is still a slight hiss while playing my games [but no where near as bad] but it's not so bad where i cant stand it. If someone does have anymore ideas i'm open to try new things to fix this completely. Because there was a time when it did not do it at all :confused: a million thanks to the person who helped me at least almost fix this problem :P

I actually had my cpu running @ 2.7ghz stable, but i was getting some crack noises in my speakers, and some flickering every so often in my game, so i rolled it back to 2.62 250 X10.5

Now I'm going to go and play with my bios somemore and see what else i can mess up :D

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey m8, what HardDrive have you got? I have a similar problem with my Seagate SATA and its awful! It does sound like its hissing :D

When you hear the sound, look at your HardDrive access light...

How much thermal paste did you put on there? and what type of paste was it? I forgot to metion that i put too much paste on, and when i clamped the HSF down, it queezed a load out, but when i rebedded it, i cleared it up from the outside, but didnt resmooth it over on the HSF or CPU. it may actually be thermal paste "boiling" or something like that. Try cleaning all the paste off, and putting a new layer down.

Worth a try:p

I don't understand why I would need to try another fan. Coule you explain to me why? My cpu doesn't get over 110 degrees F. So I Don't really see what a new fan would do to make my cpu stop hissing. :confused:

To eliminate the possibility that its the Fan making the hissing... Especially if its temperature controlled, that could explain why it only kicks in at higher overclocks and under heavier load...

What Heatsink/Fan are you using CSS?

• 1 year later...