NF4 - Two problems

I have two problems with my motherboard other then it not liking my memory.

1. For some reason when I turn off all power to my system"turning off my power stip"

When I come back to turn it on, my bios completely forgets and resets my hard drive boot priority, yet all the other bios options dont reset.

2. I have a thermalright 948U heatsink with a 92mm vantec tornado fan using Artic silver 5,yet my cpu idle temp is 43C when my inside case temp is 75F, what gives?

I have two problems with my motherboard other then it not liking my memory.

1. For some reason when I turn off all power to my system"turning off my power stip"

When I come back to turn it on, my bios completely forgets and resets my hard drive boot priority, yet all the other bios options dont reset.

2. I have a thermalright 948U heatsink with a 92mm vantec tornado fan using Artic silver 5,yet my cpu idle temp is 43C when my inside case temp is 75F, what gives?

I tried the newest 1/28/05 bios and it doesnt fix either of these problems.

Is it defaulting to how you have master/slave setup?

Update bios, this should take care of temp readings, I like 10/15 oskar for that board.

1. check your battery to make sure it is ok. If no power through the power strip, then a dead battery wont be able to store your CMOS settings correctly.

2. dont mix C and F. We prefer Celsius temps. Try reseating the heatsink after cleaning the bottom of it and the top of the cpu with 90% or better alcohol.

Truly said AG and if they would turn OFF download managers when trying to download bios files and have no tremendous overhead going on when 'handling' bios files and load optimized defaults and not "safe defaults" and reboot once and go into windows to ensure the board is still stable and booting fine> then I do not see how a bios flash will be wrong unless gawd kills the electricity. But then YMMV I suppose.

RGone... :confused: as usual.

if you crash your bios then its pretty easy to get it reflashed

10.05 is NOT recommended and was REMOVED by DFI from their own beta site after just a few days. Got it?

This is a working link to the 10/15 with added Vdimm voltage uncovered by SJS...

I downloaded it only two mins ago and that link worked.

RGone... :confused: as usual.

Hmm, I got the bios on it but it is still reporting 41-45C in windows.

I took off my heatsink/fan and cleaned them and reseated them back on with ac5 and booted back up and its the same temp in windows.

The first time I booted up after redoing my heatsink, I went strate into the bios and it shows 48C.

My case right now is around 29C, so accordind to the bios, the cpu went from 29c to 48C within a few seconds of booting?

This is using a newcastle cpu with 2200mhz stock core, Im not overclocking at all.

Part of the problem with your Arctic Silver might be the way you've applied it

i'm not sure if you or many people realize it but there is a specific way to use Arctic silver as well as it takes up to a week of solid running to fully set itself at which point your cpu will drop by as much as 10 degrees if not more.

V