Anyone know a fix for Dual Channel instability

I'm running dual Channel pc-3200 Kingston HyperX and after I Flashed bios it didn't BSOD but now freezes on boot before memory check and if I wait it will resume boot all the way to windows where it will freeze after windows desktop appears. I've tried different voltages different latencies on memory and no effect. Both sticks test fine on Prime95 after 12 hours. Any suggestions.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey bungholio, try running it enabled and see what latency hits you get! enabled is t2, more

stable, more cycle. that's why when problems occure, keep it loose. auto might not force

t2, so enabling will make shure you can at least post if everything goes south.

enabled is 1t.

1t is better... but is more straining on the ram. dont bother with 2t, because the performance hit is huge. Only use it for troubleshooting, or if you use doublesided sticks and have to use it.

Actually i just tested Enable is 1T and disable is 2t.

And it didn't help either. Is there any sugested latencies. Right now there on auto which is 2.5-3-3-8-12. Sometimes I can get into windows and do simple things like internet but if I run a game or something like prime95 it goes into the pooper.

Also I noticed when I do a memory bandwidth test with both my kingston hyperx's and 2 generic pc2700 sticks I get a 4030 mb/s. Why would this be the case?

If you are BSOD'ing and boot to windows and after desktop appears and it does so AFTER you flash the bios then I can ASSURE you you are NOT>

Both sticks test fine on Prime95 after 12 hours.

Not with that bios and that configuration or you have left a huge hole in your telling of the symptoms. You don't say and should have; which bios you are running but from what I see you will do a lot better on bios 02/01/04 or 02/09/01 as I am guessing that memory is BH-5 but again you don't say.

MadDogPower supplies have now twice been a problem in tech emails and when replaced with a real power supply many dumb symptoms go away.

RGone... :confused: as usual.

I'm running dual Channel pc-3200 Kingston HyperX and after I Flashed bios it didn't BSOD but now freezes on boot before memory check and if I wait it will resume boot all the way to windows where it will freeze after windows desktop appears. I've tried different voltages different latencies on memory and no effect. Both sticks test fine on Prime95 after 12 hours. Any suggestions.

How do i tell if there BH-5? And what do you mean i'm not telling all the symptoms. I've said in the begining that when I try dual channel it freezes at boot up. It shows the procesor and nothing else. If I wait it sometimes will resume boot up. Once I get into windows it sometimes locks up right away or locks up when i do anything memory intensive. And I only BSOD when I try to play games otherwise the screen freezes. And about flashing the bios I wouldn't even get into windows and BSOD. After Flashing it was able to at least get into windows.

Quote: you are BSOD'ing and boot to windows and after desktop appears and it does so AFTER you flash the bios then I can ASSURE you you are NOT>

I don't understand what you where saying here?

And about the powersupply wouldn't I have the same trouble running 4 sticks if it was the powersupply?