Just got new DFI NF3 250gb not booting!!!

First id likle to say hello, as this is my first time to this forum.

Now on to the issue....

I just got all of the things listed in my sig and installed them all into a thermaltake case with a 430W psu and all of the fans turn on and both mobo led's are lit, but the board doesnt beep, or put out a video signal. the hdd light on the case is lit all the time, as is the led for the cdrom drive. i dont think the hd is spinning.

I tried putting in an old pci vid card and still nothing, tried booting with no ram, drives or vid card and still same result. please help!!!! im hoping it operator error.

No beeps if you remove memory and video card? Most likely you need to RMA the board to your purchasing vendor and while waiting on replacement, have a dependable shop check the cpu for sure.

RGone...

I had a similar problem with the stock bios (still do if i revert) which is down to some full desktop chips being dtr chips, with tops on :confused: (the top which is held on with black silicon compound came off mine when i removed the heatsink, revealing the DTR code)( a bit naughty since AMD deny support for dtr's in desktop machines). The bios treats these as mobiles and there is a mobile boot problem with the stock bios. Have you tried restarting four or five times in quick succession (after fully clearing the cmos settings)? If you do manage to get it to boot check in the bios for cpu voltage and if it set to ~ 1.1 volt you probably have a dtr and will be best off changing the bios.

HTH Paul

If this helps, I'm in the process of getting my new NF3 system built up, and right now, I don't have a single internal jumper plugged in: no HDD lights, front USB, or nothing. You might try pulling all of those things on yours (leaving just memory, Vidcard, and heatsink fan, and one IDE drive) and see if you get the same problem. Goofy things can happen if you short the wrong pins or in some cases even just have a plug on backwards.

Other tidbits to check:

do you have the 2x2 12V cable plugged in?

Is the 20pin power fully plugged in? (had freaky symptoms on an old box once where this plug had worked loose a little)

Any chance you have IDE cables plugged in backwards?

Is the CPU fully socketed and has its fan plugged in?

pull the board out of the case and try while sitting on a non condutive surface to eliminate the possibility some thing in the case is shorting under the board. you can also see better if all your connection are in good. this way and can use your board power on and reset switches to help troubleshoot.

well i got it to boot finnally i must have had the cpu in weird ( For the love of god what did he say?!?!?) i know it sounds bad, but i took it out, regreased it and put it all back together and it worked. I have tested it with a few cpu tester progs and its seems to run flawlessly at 2.02 GHz(stock) so i guess i didnt mess it up

but now the problem seems to be with my saphire 9800 pro vid card, when i install it the comp still boots, but all i get is garbled colors and shapes on the screen. Im using a ghetto old pci vid card in it right now.

Do you think its a bad vid card? what are some things i can try?

just to let you know what i have tried with this vid card problem i have:

-reseated

-Tried diff power wire

-raised and lowered AGP voltage in bios

-put it 4x mode

-2x mode

- reset cmos

- dowloaded drivers in windows

- Requested RMA from newegg.

just to let you know what i have tried with this vid card problem i have:

-reseated

-Tried diff power wire

-raised and lowered AGP voltage in bios

-put it 4x mode

-2x mode

- reset cmos

- dowloaded drivers in windows

- Requested RMA from newegg.

Sounds like your GPU core might be damaged. This a new video card? Obviously your doing the right thing and RMAing it.