The ULTIMATE MBM 5 Settings/Help Thread

soundx98

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep soundx98, everything is running perfect, thanks again.

Another question :0) what is the MBM fan sensor for all those fans?

Because on my case Ive got 1x 120mm front fan, 1x 120mm rear fan and 1x 90mm

side window fan. The front and rear fans RPMs are monitored by the mobo.

Front fan sensor? is it the 120mm RPM from your settings? the readings on that

one is all over the place going from 5000 to 10000!!!!!

Rear fan sensor? is it the exhaust RPM from your setttings?

CPU HSF sensor? Cool'n Quiet is disable so its running at full RPM, would be nice

to monitor it anyway (warning if it dies)

Thanks.

I only labeled them so peeps could see how I had my rig set up.

I use a 3 pin to 4 pin molex adaptor with an RPM sensor for fans one and two (the chipset fan is #3). like this deal here http://www.jab-tech.com/catalog/3pin_to_4p...ort_p_1510.html

I've had really bad luck connecting fans directly to the motherboard, but the yellow RMP sense wire still allows me to monitor the fan speeds. Fan speed is Definately the least important of any of the readings but it's there so I grabbed em.

I've set my bios to run all fans at ful speed at 25 degrees. Not using the default settings. the start and stop deal at higher temps was kinda freaking me out.

Fan #1 for me is the CPU fan (120mm ThermalTake 120mm SmartFan with the bloooo LEDs running wide open) on the XP120. Fan sensor #2 is my 80mm exhaust and of course fan#3 is the chipset fan on the board (no adaptor needed for that)

You can open up MBM5 settings from taskbar and select fans and "visual" to re-label them. then select "apply" to save changes. hope that helps.

settings.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all first post in DFI Forums.Τhe DFI NF4 really rulez these are mine ΜΒΜ5 settings complete with DDR,LDT,NB voltages,install latest MBM 5 copy first voltage.ini so you can now choose the DFI LP NF4 in the configuration you can try also mine MBM5.ini if you like it...........

Welcome to the forum!

Another MBM freak. you'll fit right in here. We need more greek geeks :)

Great stuff on your 1st post. I have a concern about monitoring/displaying "CPU Usage" it's rare but using it sometimes causes an error when starting MBM at boot. I no longer use it on my rigs.

Pretty sure the DRAM/VDimm volts is the one we are all hoping for.

I can only get a reading at Sensor 7 (-5.0V) and I must use Voltage Standard 4 to get it. But this gives me a reading of 12.41 volts which is way too high. I am sure with some tweaking and voltage ini changes we can get MBM5 even better. Good work ThorLite.

like to throw out that you can download the latest version (2.00.300 BETA) of Everest here http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System...e-Edition.shtml. Dang I like that program. Figured bunch of you crazies would be using it as well.

Need some Input Here:

ExRoadie found an issue with the .298 version on his NF3 when testing "memory writes" under benchmarks. His scores would drop dramatically after a reboot and then slowly work there way up over an 8 hour period of time. I duplicated the problem on my NF4. Over 200 mark loss. Rgone had all ready speculated that some background service could be causing this. I had disabled all the stuff in the taskbar and for some reason I ran Diskkeeper 9 and my scores went back to normal! This makes no sense to either ExRoadie or myself and if any of you could test and let us know what happened, it would be appreciated.

Flybye, please tell me your Vdimm jumper is in the 3.2v max position and NOT the 4.0v position. good work by the way. :)

got be a Thorbut in San Francisco

ANd move those two voltages over and straighten up that line soldier. :)

Thanks Thor!!

Your ini didn't include the HD settings, so I imported it from soundx98's ini file.

Between the both of you, I now have MBM where I want it :)

Thanks Flybye the best thing about ΜΒΜ5 is you can configure it exactly as you want.......... :D

Yes Sir!! LOL

Yeah, my Vdimm is on 3.2v. Why?

LOL. and make up your mind all ready if it's gonna be analog or digital. :)

Some special font colors and stuff! (Hoooo, ya that's a tad gaye)

I'm on the 4V Dimm and prolly the reason It only reads 3.2 default (2.57v). So ThorLite's mod makes it good to go with 3.2 DImm.

If you're really into the sys info stuff, mess around with the LCDC in Post#2. You can import all the MBM info (plus other stuff) and make custom screens and transitions.

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...740&postcount=2