The ULTIMATE MBM 5 Settings/Help Thread

soundx98

Guest LithoTech
Now I just gotta find/add video card temp and change the grid log so it can read temps that high and still be able to read the other temps.?

I think I know what you mean... but I could be misunderstanding you.

For nVidia cards to show up in mbm, you have to set them up manually, and use a plugin. The info and links are in the first post. The quick and dirty explaination is you manually set two sensors, add and activate the plugin, and voila.

Getting mbmlog to use and show these two sensors is another matter. It only logs the first 10 sensors for temperature, and the two sensors we use for nVidia cards are in the 20s... so I haven't been able to get the GPU to show up in mbmlog myself.

I've not looked into the ini file for mbmlog, it's possible that maybe we can change the sensor manually there?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LithoTech
Hi guys, I have a question mbm5 when I select to enable cpu usage in my mbm5 crashes.Any ideas why?

Thanks,

jk

At first, I couldn't imagine why it would do that. Then I saw in your sig you have a dual core opteron. Perhaps the crash is related to the dual core?

I never took any notice of dual core related settings, so I am wondering if it is even possible to set and record both cores in mbm.

Guest LithoTech
I followed the guide step by step, however MBM seems to refusing to recieve data from ATITool, E.g. If I have sensors 4 and 5 defined in ATITool, MBM will only pickup sensors 6 onwards etc.

Also, whenever I start up MBM the system speaker starts making low-pitched beeps every 5 seconds with no certain pattern.

*edit* I'm using ATITool 0.25beta

An nF4 Ultra Infinity (on the front page it mentioned the infinity series had troubles with the CPU readouts, maybe the cause of this??)

and an Athlon64 3200+

Sorry, I've no idea. But just a thought... it isn't a sensor alarm going off is it?

Guest LithoTech
Hi

I use MBM5 to keep an eye on all temps, and thanks to the people that made this possible with the moded "data" file and the plugin for Nvidia cards

I only have one little "problem"

When using High & Low the plugin for SLi cards doesn't remember the max. temp off GPU's like it does with the rest of the settings.

How can I make it remember?

Pelle / PRJ

I get the same thing. I think the empty values in the high low logs are for the default sensors, and we are using manual sensors numbered in the 20s somewhere. They don't show up in the list even if you toggle it to in the settings.

I think I know what you mean... but I could be misunderstanding you.

For nVidia cards to show up in mbm, you have to set them up manually, and use a plugin. The info and links are in the first post. The quick and dirty explaination is you manually set two sensors, add and activate the plugin, and voila.

Getting mbmlog to use and show these two sensors is another matter. It only logs the first 10 sensors for temperature, and the two sensors we use for nVidia cards are in the 20s... so I haven't been able to get the GPU to show up in mbmlog myself.

I've not looked into the ini file for mbmlog, it's possible that maybe we can change the sensor manually there?

Thank you, I'll start digging?

well

not that matters now.....cause i am about to sell my nf3 rig....but i couldnt enable my v9999 GE sensor in mbm.....i had it on my nf4 rigs without any issues....

another question.....i will receive my venus on tuesday....can i use mbm....

thnxs

;)

I'd rather have extrapickles.

Now everyone thinks I'm an oldfaht.

I ain't complaining, it could be "T" with a sombrero :D

Or worse, that cartoon T :shake: That just dosen't fit him.

Sorry, I've no idea. But just a thought... it isn't a sensor alarm going off is it?

I wouldn't know, it's the system speaker so it could be, got no idea what a sensor alarm is though, so I'll check!.

*edit*, do you mean like an alarm that sounds if it's overheating etc?, hmm, I don't think it's set in the BIOS, and when the CPU overheats it's set to just switch off. :confused: