The ULTIMATE MBM 5 Settings/Help Thread

soundx98

Guest ElAguila

Just a quick question and sorry if I overlooked it in the previous posts. What is the difference in the mbm monitor of the LDT voltage and the Chipset voltage?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just realised that my +5.00v rail reads at 6v. how did that happen? shouldn't it stay below 5.25v? my PSU at fault? my BIOS reading is 4.89v. any word on this soundx98?

i'm gonna get me a multimeter tomorrow to check this one out.

Just a quick question and sorry if I overlooked it in the previous posts. What is the difference in the mbm monitor of the LDT voltage and the Chipset voltage?

LDT+Core voltage is on the CPU. Chipset is under the lil fan.

@witsonic. You are in uncharted territory here my man. Grab a multimeter and maybe we can calibrate. Can you post a pic of the dashboard? I'm not even sure what sensors the board uses.

LDT+Core voltage is on the CPU. Chipset is under the lil fan.

@witsonic. You are in uncharted territory here my man. Grab a multimeter and maybe we can calibrate. Can you post a pic of the dashboard? I'm not even sure what sensors the board uses.

dashboard 01.jpg => ITE8712 standard 4

dashboard 02.jpg => ITE8712 standard 1

dashboard 03.jpg => ITE8712 standard 2

dashboard 04.jpg => ITE8712 standard 3

i hope these are the pics you required to see.

@soundx98

well i've tested my +5v rail with multimeter and it turned out fine (reads: 5.08v - 5.10v). i guess there's something bad with the sensor. either MBM5 or DAGF. i've tested with other temp reader software (Everest, PCWizard) and it reads the same as MBM5 = 6.02v.

thanks for the info. That sure sounds like a wonky sensor.

Good to know that all the monitoring software reads the same.

Let me check with some others and maybe we can at least calibrate it.

well i've tested my +5v rail with multimeter and it turned out fine (reads: 5.08v - 5.10v). i guess there's something bad with the sensor. either MBM5 or DAGF. i've tested with other temp reader software (Everest, PCWizard) and it reads the same as MBM5 = 6.02v.

Just add -1V offset in mbm and you'll have the correct temperatures :)