nF4 BIOS List (check non-critical sticky)

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok now i am truly baffled. i dled DFI_BIOSROM.rar, i extract it and get a 25.9 meg DFI_BIOSROM.rar archive. i unpack this and get a DFI_BIOSROM folder containing 7 folders with .bin files. i went to folder 6 and with nero 6 i burnt a bootable disc with the N4D623-3.bin file on it. i had my cd rom set to boot first in bios. i inserted the cd and turned on. it says boot from cd. then it says caldera yadda yadda. the last line is EMM386: warning address line A20 already enabled. then nothing happens. that didnt work obviously so i dled http://indabasement.com/DFINF4/bios/N4D623-3.zip from this i got a rar file i extracted got awdflash.exe and and N4D623-3.bin, i burnt em as data files (bootable cd) with nero 6 and get the same thing - nothing. what am i missing here? :confused:

i think the 25.9MB rar archive is not a RAR file, its actually an ISO file but it opens with WinRAR. Open WinRAR, go to the options -> settings -> integration and untick ISO. Or, just open Nero, select that you want to burn an image file, click the down arrow to show all files and select the file and burn. Go in the BIOS and set to optimal defaults or whatever, set the first boot device as CD-ROM and there should be a way to select which BIOS you want.

i havnt done this yet since my videocard is being RMA'd and ill have to wait until Tuesday or so, but this is how i think you do it. If im wrong, please someone correct me.

• 2 weeks later...

does that CD with all of the BIOSes have one for the NF4-dagf? I need a bootable CD of that since I have no floppy and winflash won't flash the BIOS since it's a lanparty bios on a dagf board. I used the bootable CD to flash the BIOS but it was a lanparty BIOS. :(

does that CD with all of the BIOSes have one for the NF4-dagf? I need a bootable CD of that since I have no floppy and winflash won't flash the BIOS since it's a lanparty bios on a dagf board. I used the bootable CD to flash the BIOS but it was a lanparty BIOS. :(

hmm you know i dont think i even mentioned its only lanparty bioses

sorry

ill add dagf tommarow...are there any modded ones out you can link me to?

I understand completely. :D

4-5 AM, EST. Or, however long it takes to flash the BIOS with the DAGF one so I can go back to doing 9M keys in RC5 instead of 2M.. I didn't think the different bios would cripple the CPU but apparently it does.

Again, thanks a lot. :)

oh and I need revision A of the bios.. not revision B for this mobo, incase you're doing just one of them. thanks again!