245X10 or 230X11?

Alienwhere

230X11 is higher mhz and everyone sais higher fsb is better but in all my benchies 230 scores much bette except bandwith.. and i honestly dont see the difference between the two.. neither of them are prime stable so im not gonna toast..

i just want someone to say what they would prefer.. and maybe explain why higher fsb is always wanted over the actual mhs when mhz bench higher mostly

I run at 240 only because I get tighter timings and that actually gives it a tiny edge. I can get 250 but I need 11-3-3-3-2.5 whereas 240 is 11-2-2-2-2.0. In the end like everything else in life you have to make the call as it's your rig. I will say that IMHO you need to consider that every Mhz on an Athlon is "larger" per se than on a Pentium which is why AMD made the whole P-Rating thing. When I bench 2.8Ghz I've seen proggies call that a P-Rating all the way up to 4.4 Pentium. I don't know if it's really that high but thats prety fast either way. Just a thought.

this is bs.. im havin problems gettin 230X11 stable, I think its cause of my psu

I have Antec 400W Truepower psu and it craps out on me i think.

i have it set to 1.850 and it vary's from 1.808 to 1.84 never 1.85 and always at 1.824

Im guessin this is not good. anyway is there a way i can mod this psu because i really dont wanna have to buy another psu since this is still 32bit pc and more money could be spent on a64 sys that im holding off until pci x and gr8 oc features that im lookin for. SLI

xp2600M @245X11 2450mhz

245x11= 2695mhz... ??

Are you trying to run it on a divider ?

edit..

nm... I guess you just typo'd in your sig.. Id also go with the 230x11..

But its best to bench yourself and see which turns out to be faster for YOUR use..

that variance in CPU voltage is not abnormal running up that high.

your PSU might or might not be crapping out on you, but your core voltage can flutter like that even if you PSU rails are solid.

at my "standard" 12.5x200 @1.825 setting, my voltage dips as low as 1.79 and goes as high as 1.82, while priming.

cooling my mosfets makes no difference at those voltages/speeds. alternating between an enermax 550 and an antec 480 true blue makes not difference.

only when i turn up my fans and run at 13x200 @1.950 does the mosfet cooling seem to help. no diff between the two PSUs. my voltages at those settings varies from 1.91 to 1.94 while priming.