NEW Bios

Guest Byron_merged

Where is there going to be a new updated bios for the nf3 lanparty?

Rgone -- before you respond and say why do i need one?...I dont, my CPU is working just fine. I just would like to install a new bios since i havent been able to since October. A simple estimated date would be appreciated. Thanks :)

Ok simple answer. No estimated date.

Now you want to write an intelligble and legible post that has the needs and requirements of a new bios then you post it below this and I will forward it up the ladder. Write it short and understandable without raving and I will link my boss directly to it. Other than that your post is nearly worthless as there is nothing accomplished without valid and legible information.

Now you wanted truth and you have it exactly as it is. There is no other truth. There is no other anything. Just what I just told you in black writing on grey background.

One added thought. Yes, AG especially and myself in a minor capacity, do in fact work for DFI. I am the last man on any corporate ladder. AG has some nice title because I have seen it. But the truth is nothing but valid readable information is of any value to us to send onward and upward as in any corporate ladder. I personally know of NO DFI employee outside the USA that reads these forums. You are by and large talking to yourself or the wind or whatever when you ask that question above. It is useless overall. Now if you were writing to PR for DFI and asking, yes even demanding> then you would be doing something.

You would do well to write legible post of what is a real need in a real bios and I will d*mn sure see it is forwarded to my boss. Past that there is nothing can be done unless you quit posting to forums and get to the folks that worry about image. I tell you the truth as always.

RGone...

for the new bios i would like to see an official support for the 4.0v-4.1v dimms like they have in the nforce4 boards i've heard. as well as all the stuff in the 10/15 bios i'm running now. that would be nice.

anything that improves my overclocking would be nice LOL :D :D :D

seriously though, some help with the ram timings would be awesome in bios, or maybe a ram setting with the most relaxed timings so you can work your way down (i've read all the articles and posts and stickies about them, but the task of actually setting them is quite daunting, not to mention tedious, with lots of cmos clearing to be done)

omga14, you will not see 4.0Vmem voltage as the board is not designed for it. And the stuff in the 10/15 will not likely appear as some of it is causing problems for users and is why the 10/05 and 10/15 are no longer available at DFI beta downloads.

See this is what I am talking about when I mention to Byron that he needed not only legible but realistic posting. Oh yes, we all want but we have no clue what we want involves and why it will never be.

Oh I think if possible they need to at least make temps read closer. I think the stuff for DTR/mobile needs incorporated and not mentioned so the bios can go official. But other than that I only see a newer NVRAID ROM that recognizes better is about all I can think of that might be in real need of fix and may be incorporated.

Oh and yes I see Byron only just wanted to flash. He said he had no problems. Hehehehehee. I got to go man.

RGone...

Well i am not sure if a new bios will help but i am running a raid 0 striping array x4 74g wd caviar drives. Sometimes, i can hear one of them power down and wehn i go into the event viewer it has some yellow warning icon's and some rex icon's for an error. when i click on it and click on the link there is no additional info. It does display that it is a NVRAID controller error and thats about it.

The device dected a controller error on it, is what it says

The warning right before that says this:

Product: Windows Operating System

ID: 51

Source: Disk

Version: 5.2

Symbolic Name: IO_WARNING_PAGING_FAILURE

Message: An error was detected on device %1 during a paging operation.

Explanation

An input/output (I/O) request to a memory-mapped file failed and the operation was retried.

User Action

If these events are logged regularly on a primary system drive, replace the device. Otherwise, no user action is required.

Version: 5.0

Symbolic Name: IO_WARNING_PAGING_FAILURE

Message: An error was detected on device %1 during a paging operation.

Explanation

An input/output (I/O) request to a memory-mapped file failed and the operation was retried.

User Action

If these events are logged regularly on a primary system drive, replace the device. Otherwise, no user action is required.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently there are no Microsoft Knowledge Base articles available for this specific error or event message. For information about other support options you can use to find answers online, see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx.

How can i tell what drive it was that failed? Like i said, I have 4 set up in a raid array. I have also formatted a fresh format with a clean xp install and it still has happened. Done know if a new bios would help but I have run out of options. Thanks!

never flash to a new bios just because it is new. it is the worst possible thing you can possibly do unless you have a backup plan in place. Even me and RG, with all the backup in teh world, have no reason to flash to a newer bios if the newer bios does not specifically address any issue we are having.

new bios, when it comes, will not give you more overclock. It will not be written in any way to help you overclock more. If by chance that you can overclock more, it is more than likely that it addressed some specific issue that you were having that was limiting your overclock.

But it will not be compiled just for overclocking.

We have no time frame on a new bios. RG and I have been screaming to TW for one since late October. I don't know why there is none, and I don't have any control over the R&D dept in Taiwan. We are just overpaid monkies here in USA that somehow end up supporting more than half of our customers worldwide. We complain, we get fixes...sometimes they take a while, sometimes they take only an hour. One never knows.

You problem with NVRAID is more than likely to do with whatever version of NVRAID rom integrated into the bios. This is one of the things we have been begging to have updated. It will at some point, and thats a crappy answer because it is not specific...but again, neither RG nor I have any control over the situation. Our job is to help customers, and we do our best with what we have, and we do it on our own time away from our normal tech support job that we do for DFI.

My personal guess is the CnQ jumps from ok for one user to one has a problem and about 10 or less that I have seen claiming a problem and TW will never see the issue and that is about that. They say the via chipset works pretty good with CnQ so you might want to try one of those boards and see if it really does. At 2700mhz I cannot use it and neither can most of them coming to the forums as all want to overclock and CnQ is not recommended for overclocking so you get in a giant loop of what ifs and I just don't think the problem be it memory or what will ever be found.

But then again what would I know? I am just a bottom runger trying to help with what I have.

RGone...