delta vrs tornado?

Kamel

i've heard rumor that the delta fans while still loud don't emit the annoying high pitched squeel like the tornado's do.... does anyone here know first hand if this is true or not? i'd hate to waste my money on the experiment, but i definitely would be up for it at such a small CFM loss between the tornado and delta, it would be worth it to get rid of the tornado's whining (not that i can't handle it, but my mom doesn't like it too much, heh).

The only Delta fan i've played around is a 60mm 7200rpm SCREAMER.

Hehe, i dunno who told you they don't emit a high pitched squeal, but after hearing that sucker on full i think you must've been speaking to someone with pretty bad hearing - probably been using their Deltas too long and they can't hear that frequency anymore :P

my 80mm tornado doesn't do the high pitched squeal but it is loud. my coolermaster cm stacker with 2 120mm fans and an 80mm fan that it comes with is pretty quite. add that tornado and bye bye silence:) i have the tornado blowing on the ram area getting prepared for my ocz powerstream and 3.6v's.

Originally posted by psy^

probably been using their Deltas too long and they can't hear that frequency anymore :P

lol..

I feel like thats me with my tornado.. My freinds come into my room and they are like wth..lol.. how do you do anything in here..

Me.. Im like ..what ? its not that loud..hehe

I have the 92mm 119CFM tornado on my CPU slk-900a and I put it on a fan controller a while back to turn it down ;)

When I first got it though I ran it on full all the time. It's loud but not whiney. It's like a midrange tone, not a high squeeky one like those 9000rpm blowers.

I happen to own both a 92mm delta(110cfm) and a 92mm tornado(119cfm). I personally like the delta better. It seems to be of better construction.(metal not plastic middle) It's slightly heavier. I have also had a tornado spin itself out in just days of high use. I litterally heard a chunck clunk and it never turned back on but had a rattle. Got it replaced with the lifetime warrenty. Also i notice that sometimes my tornado doesn't always turn on right away when connected to a fan controller, and i have to turn it to high then back to where i want it. I find the max setting of the delta to have a better sound than the tornado but neighter are quiet or high pitched.

If i ever bought other high power fan it would be delta.

hmm wonder if my tornado is defective, lol -- it's got a distinct high pitched sound to it. it isn't that loud, i can hear the lower sound of the wind and operation of the fan too just fine. i really don't care so much about the amount of noise, just the type of noise.

i think i might get a delta and see for myself, heh. at most i could be out $20, don't think i'll miss a meal over that.

perhaps theres something obstructing the airflow, maybe a lil slit or hole, with air rushing by creating the sound.

i dont really mind my delta, its plugged into a fan controller and when i sleep, i just turn it down.. the only thing bad about it is that theres no rpm sensor cable.

http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/tecar.html

To an excellent site, the listening room will give you a relative comparason of the sound generated by different fans.

They will custom wire spliters/adapters on to your fans. so you don't have to power off the board.

I've had nothing but the best experience while dealing with Sidewinder Computers for the past year or so. Ships worldwide too. :)

Check it out!

(AG....Sorry about pimping the site, but this guy deserves it. ;) )