Not a complete noob, but frustrated.

UghMAS

I recieved my lanparty UT with great excitement to replace my flaky epox board. So I installed it reformatted etc and got everything how i wanted it as usual. so of course my next step was overclocking.

Ive been playing with the bios for hours on end and i cant even get 2.3 ghz stable (using memory dividers too) prime fails in less than a minute... any setting suggestions? yes i tried 3x htt ive trided 10x multi, 9x multi, 9.5 multi, etc...it just dosent want to be stable. any setting reccomendations? im on stock cooling. I was using 1.55 +4% and it was still running cool...i think ill work on oc'ing my vid card while i un-frustrate about my cpu.

its revision CG

feel free to ask questions etc

(its 2:30 so this post might be a little incoherent :rolleyes: )

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if you havent given this a read, try it out:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread...=&threadid=3846

also check the non-critical sticky in that section for some RAM settings (in nice bold colors! lower down in the thread)

i dont see you saying you lowered your RAM timings at all...trying to 2--2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2 might not work out so well.

have you tried cranking up the voltage to max on the RAM? upping AGP voltage a bit?

realize that a 3000+ is not always going to be a crazy monster overclocker. The newest, latest greatest A64 754's can sometimes be kick butt clockers, but almost all of them are DTR and more often Mobile cpu's.

Desktop NC's and CH's might give you a good clocker randomly, but for the most part, DTR/Mobile is the best.