Angry_Games

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonderful buzz. The $35 billion Sprint-Nextel merger was the biggest business deal of the week. But the telecoms may soon be looking over their shoulders at a little company with big buzz.

Heard of Skype? Perhaps not, but there's a good chance your first encounter with it will be as a verb. To "Skype" is to call someone over your computer. For free. Anyone with a high-speed Internet connection and a spare minute to download the Skype software (12 million already have) gets legal, unlimited talk time with other Skypers.

Using the embedded microphones and speakers that come with laptops, the system turns the computer into a phone. Just talk to the screen. And while there's an occasion burp with overseas calls, the quality is roughly the same as traditional phone calls.

Privately held Skype was designed by the folks who hatched Kazaa, the file-sharing phenomenon that sent the recording industry into spasms. Aside from Google and Xerox, not many companies see their names morph into verbs. In today's business world, buzz is usually one short step away from bucks, and there's always a next new thing. That ought to worry the giant telecoms celebrating their latest merger.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/opinion/edito...editorial_x.htm

MAKE SURE YOU THANK momma FOR FINDING THIS....SHE IS JUST AS BIG OF A NERD AS ALL OF YOU...YOU CAN SEE FOR YOURSELF HERE:

http://www.angrygames.com/niner.htm

I do not use a landline phone. I use a cell phone because i do not like to give my money to government taxes. They tax my money enuff as it is and i am not giving them another 9 bucks a month to have a land line. I pay a certain fee each month for my cell and given there is still some tax involved--- but far less then the land line phones.

i hope SKYPE or whoever buys it cripples SPRINT- NEXTELL- BELL- AT&T and any other monopolized company out there.

There will soon be a REAL REVOLUTION.

As soon as we band together.

The government was intended to be for the people---- not against the people as it is now.

So lets get on with it and fix the oil industry too!!!!

EDIT: I am on cable and they need somebody to get them in check too cause they are a monopoly in my area-- if i do not subscribe to cable tv from them they jack up my internet fee another fifteen bucks because they say they gave me a break on my internet fee because i was an existing customer.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Buckstitch

I just got my credit card bill today I was charged $35.01 two times for Skype and I don’t even have it. I canceled the charge. So who ever has my credit card number and is in Europe because it isn’t me never been to Europe. :( :(

PLEASE UPDATE:

I am thinking about using skype for my long distance calls since i will never have a land line phone again. That is untill they start passing the taxes to internet usage that they have lost on landlines,

And think about it, Do you think the revenue they seek does not exist here?

Other than that SKYPE offers me the opportunity to make long distance calls using my credit card. If that info is not safe i would like more proof to the above claims.

SO PLEASE update me on this unfortunate circumstance

Guest Buckstitch
Originally posted by Budster

PLEASE UPDATE:

I am thinking about using skype for my long distance calls since i will never have a land line phone again. That is untill they start passing the taxes to internet usage that they have lost on landlines,

And think about it, Do you think the revenue they seek does not exist here?

Other than that SKYPE offers me the opportunity to make long distance calls using my credit card. If that info is not safe i would like more proof to the above claims.

SO PLEASE update me on this unfortunate circumstance

For now the only proof I have is a bill and my word that I didn’t use Skype.