Overclocking LP925X-T2

saperboy

Anything over 260FSB for me causes PCI-e lock problems. I am pretty sure of this as I can neither get into the BIOS (freezes up) or boot Windows if I go above this point. Strangely...and maybe this will help someone...I can get into the BIOS above 260FSB if I set the NB voltage to 1.6V and NO more. But with 2GB of memory I need 1.8V to get into Windows. Hence my problems. I have a feeling that the 925XE-T2 board would help us if DFI would ever release it.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seen that board @cebit...i can confirm!

Not only overclocking problems..voltages are simply crap!

1.475 to ave 1.39

Temperatures are simply crazy 37...38...49....32...51... all in few seconds...

Same temp with stock cooling and copper cooler (about 800gr )

I think i will throw it outta my windows!

byez..

IT

• 4 months later...

Hi,

im going to oc this thing on weekend, trying to get some good times on superPi.

i have a pci video card ready, an hd with a clean xp (i can trash this jejeje),

currently i have a 225X18 oc working 24/7..

any advise, tips, or warning are welcome..

Well, I've been playing around with my board, seems I've got a "keeper"...

besides some funky issues with voltage increasing? If I set DRAM to 2.2 my CPU voltage won't change at all, 2.1 it's fine.

Also, I don't know why Windows 2000 still reports 3.0Ghz? I'm not familiar with this OS, it was a "rescue" install until I can get XP back on it.

Memory timings are at 4-4-4-8 but they easily do 3-3-3-8, just an oversight on my part.

Take a look,

Link to image:

http://img56.imageshack.us/img56/4425/omgwtf5cq.png

For those wondering why my sig lists a Quadro FX3400 but the screenie shows an 6800 Ultra, it's because I've flashed the bios for better gaming performance.

• 3 weeks later...

without tuning too much on my board i could get it to 227 FSB no problems, but no higher. I will have to try messing with it a bit more to see if that works a bit better.

On a side note: LOVE the desktop wallpaper!!! "Go Team Venture!!"

Did some of the things mentioned before in the post and am able to get into windows at 3.9 Ghz, but not 100% stable. Data corruption is detected, but it doesnt crash windows!! So I am wondering if it just needs more voltage to something or if thats just not going to work. Any good Bios for OCing that anyone knows of would come in handy, being that they took the 04/07/2005 BIOS off of DFI's download page. Thanks for any input on this board.

at one time, I also encountered data corruption, I can't remember exactly what my settings were but as I remember I was shooting for 250 FSB. Well, like you I have tried all I can muster on this board, now I am just waiting for someone to post new BIOS.

I would agree, a new BIOS would fix a lot of issues and help in other areas. I cannot find where to set the FSB to RAM divider, as this might help me out a little. Right now it is at 3:4 with the FSB at 260 and the RAM at 346.7 at 4-4-4-10 timings. It is not prime95 stable, but does do the superPI 1MB calc in only 34 secs. Any higher on the FSB and it bluescreens while trying to load windows. Watched a movie on it last night running at this speed and have had no real problems with it yet. Thanks for the help.

• 3 months later...

oh oh...what did I get myself into?

DFI 925X-T2 Socket T (LGA 775) Intel 925X ATX Intel Motherboard

(refurb. $109)

Intel Pentium 4 630 Prescott 800MHz FSB 2MB L2 Cache LGA 775 EM64T Processor

GeIL GX21GB4300UDC 1GB Kit DDR2-533 PC2-4300 Ultra Series Dual Channel Memory timings of 3-3-3-8

FSP Group (Fortron Source) AX450-PN ATX12V 450W Power Supply +12V1@18A, +12V2@18A

ASUS EAX800XL/2DTV/256 Radeon X800XL 256MB 256-bit DDR VIVO PCI Express x16 Video Card

(refurb. $190)

I worked with this set-up last night...and had some pretty high overclocks going when I was just testing in the BIOS...but yep, hit that 220MHz wall as soon as I hooked up a hard drive and installed Windows

..totally new to overclocking Intel...so if anyone can give me any basic info on anything a first timer would over look, I would be grateful

...seems that my knowledge of this motherboard has has made huge leaps and bounds just from reading this thread...are there any other threads I sould read on this board?

(I will try the things talked about in this thread)

more questions:

what about the PCI-Express Frequency?...what should I set it at to use the X800XL ? auto?...115MHz?

I will not need either of the on-board LANs, I will be using a PCI WiFi card...will this cause problems? I also have a PCI Philips sound card

what about the BIOS?...is there one I should be using for overclocking? I'll look and see which one it has on it now...but I don't like flashing for no reason...are there bad ones that cause problems with overclocking?

and last..I have the stock Intel Heatsink/Fan on there now...but I will use a ZALMAN 7000 Alum/Cu when it gets put in the case...could someone that a guess at what voltages or temp I should stop at for this computer that may run sometimes 24/7?....I would like this computer to match the performance of another one I'm building with a Venice 3200+ and 6800GT....so (another guess if you please) what speeds would the Intel 630 and the X800XL need to be overclocked to?...so it can compete with the AMD64/nVidia