Overclocking LP925X-T2

saperboy

Hi AG... thanks for looking into this.

1) Users have to disable the onboard PCI-E LAN to overclock past 220

The 925X chipset does not have a fully functional PCI-E lock (this is a known fact). In order to overclock, we need to raise the PCI-E clock with FSB in a certain ratio. However, this increased PCI-E clock will cause the Marvell PCI-E LAN to fail. Unless we change our PCI-E LAN chip on board, users will always have to disable the PCI-E LAN when wanting to overclock FSB higher. This is one unfortunate thing which will be addressed in our 925XE motherboard. ABIT boards don’t have this problem because they are not using Marvell PCI-E LAN chip.

That's what I have done to achieve FSB 250. I was even able to push it a little bit more upto FSB255MHz, but to get to 255, I needed to set the PCI-E frequency to 120.

2) Users have to disable the Performance mode to overclock past 220

The Performance Mode is used to generate very tight default timing and is for standard FSB benchmark only. This issue will be addressed in our 925XE.

Where is this PERFORMANCE MODE in bios?

EDIT: I got it... its defaulted to TURBO. Other options are DISABLE & ULTRA. So I'll set it to DISABLE for now, while OCing.

3) Users have to set the PCI-E lock to AUTO to overclock past 220

This is a work-around to solve the chipset's inherent PCI-E lock issue. The Auto setting will generate proper PCI-E clock when the user raises the FSB. We also offer PCI-E clock options for users to try and see if his platform is able to overclock PCI-E further. What we suggest users to do is to keep PCI-E clock as AUTO and raise the NB voltage a little (1.7 ~ 1.8 is better for overclocking PCI-E).

Since I have my PERFORMANCE MODE in default (assuming ENABLED), I was only able to go past FSB 220 when I don't use AUTO PCI-E freq. I guess once I get to disable the PERFORMANCE MODE, I shall try again but this time setting the PCI-E freq to AUTO.

As for the NB voltage, I was also successfull if I set my NB to 1.7volt. Lower or higher volt, the PC don't go into windows.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Setting PCI-E to AUTO (and following as suggested above) did not work for me, when I try to go FSB250. The AUTO setting did work beyond FSB220 but not as high as 250. So for now, to get to FSB250, I have to go back to my own setting which is NOT to set PCI-E freq to AUTO.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, I'm having the same problem here. I can boot fine at 250fsb with a pci card but with my gigabyte 6600 pci-e card it won't do anything but reset itself after it initiates the hard drives and cdrw. I have tried all the configurations listed and I get nothing. :sad: Anyone figure anything out yet???

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok I did manage to figure it out i think... I didn't have to disable my PCI-e LAN, I did have to set the NB Volts to 1.7 anything else would crash, Set PCI-e to 115Mhz, and Performance on Turbo. Hope this helps someone... cause I sure do feel better. :D

Man I think this board needs some watercooling in a bad way. Ever stick your finger on the NB heatsink while benchmarking or anything?? I'm not so sure the NB likes 1.7v very much. Anyone getting a different vcore display in windows then what the bios says?

• 1 month later...

A_G... since you've already manage to hook up watercooling to your 925X-T2 and have it running now, I hope you could share any info on your overclocking efforts on this board :). I sure do hope that you have more positive experience than what we have had.

ive got the watercooling up...but have not had a chance to clock it higher than from 2.8 to 3.15 at the moment (had three customers send me their rigs this week to troubleshoot and also have the Ultra-D to build Sunday).

i WILL get to clocking it...as it will become my server at some point when I can acquire 2x 160GB SATA drives (#%@#$ only 1 IDE channel lol). And it will only have an X300SE ATI card in it since it will be my server...but right now it has 2x512MB of HyperX DDR2 and 2x512MB Ballistix DDR2...and they both seem to like overclocking very well as does my cpu...so we'll see what I can crank her up to...give me a few more days...this month has just been crazy busy =(

• 2 weeks later...