What's the average overclock on NF3?

I want 2.7Ghz stable, which my CPU will get. So I need 300HTT stable. How many of these boards get that? All of them? 25% of them? etc... I just wish I had spent the extra and got a 3000+ now lol

Originally posted by Rickikaye69

I want 2.7Ghz stable, which my CPU will get. So I need 300HTT stable. How many of these boards get that? All of them? 25% of them? etc... I just wish I had spent the extra and got a 3000+ now lol

2.7/300hht stable here's what ya need:

3200+OEM NC CG can be found at Newegg

GSkill or OCZ PC3200EL Plat rev2 or PC3700EL Plat.

Cannot use stock heatsink. Offerings from Swiftech or Thermalright should help.

Tips for 300HTT on DFI, only use 1x512 as the 754 cpus's have only single memory controllers, getting 2xanything at 300HTT is tuff.

Don't use SATA1 & 2 use only 3 & 4 when OCing past 240htt.

TCCD chips run best at cas2.5-3-3-10-1t with little voltage, say between 2.7-2.9v.

Any of the new beta bios's are much better than shipping bios.

One more thing, 300HTT is not guaranteed with just not any cpu. I've tested 5 754's 3 CH's and 2 NC's each one as it limits. My highest HTT was accomplished with a 3200+DTR maxed out around 325htt and 305htt memtest stable.

Goodluck

Originally posted by Rickikaye69

Okay I got a SLK-948u on the way, and I was gonna run asynch until I get a job.

Does the board work fine asynch like the chaintech? I was gonna run the RAM at 250Mhz (500DDR) and the CPU at 300htt.

Should work, shouldnt it?

Yup, no problems there, though anything over 280htt 1:1 is where this board excels.