WOW, 240FSB W/PC2700 - Need Help Stabilizing

Unreal. Still running my UI with the stock bios and I just hit 240FSB last night. (240x10=2400).

Here's my deal. Windows is stable, Doom III, etc., everything I run is stable except - Prime95. Prime95 will error in less than 2 seconds. More Vcore doesn't help nor does more Vdimm. There is no doubt in my mind that since I do not have BH-5 that 2.8v is the only stable current for my memory.

Running MEMTESTv3 produces a couple of error during test # 5 (about 60 errors). That's it. So I know I am close. The timings I have set (11,5,5,4,13,15) are the sweet spot for this memory (which posts almost 3400/3200 in Sandra Benchmarks). The memory doesn't like anything else faster or slower.

I am looking for suggestions as to how to get Prime and Memtest stable? I am still running the stock BIOS so CPC is on. I don't need a lot of bells and whistles (in the BIOS), what is the best (safest) BIOS to flash that has the CPC ON/OFF control option? I read the Hellfire thread but I'm a little confused as to which is the current/best modded BIOS. Is there a stock BIOS that DFI has released that allows the CPC control??

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

I would also like to say thanks to everyone here for making the impossible (480MGZ data rate on 333MGZ non-BH-5 memory) POSSIBLE!

Long live DFI! I used to be a dedicates ASUS guy but move over Asus and Abit, there's a new guy in town. A little work goes a long way with these boards.

what mem vdimm you running? I assume the 1.9 was chipset or a vdimm typo you mean 2.9? How did u manage 240 at 2.9? I guess those hooker loose timmings did it. Nice bandwidth for the ram tho.

you could try more voltage to the chipest, more voltage to the ram, or changing some of the alpha timmings. Im sure more people will chime in.

If you turn off cpc you may be able to get more fsb, hence more bandwidth if you get enough of an fsb gain. (or stabalize your current settings.)

Originally posted by Black99RT

what mem vdimm you running? I assume the 1.9 was chipset or a vdimm typo you mean 2.9? How did u manage 240 at 2.9? I guess those hooker loose timmings did it. Nice bandwidth for the ram tho.

you could try more voltage to the chipest, more voltage to the ram, or changing some of the alpha timmings. Im sure more people will chime in.

If you turn off cpc you may be able to get more fsb, hence more bandwidth if you get enough of an fsb gain. (or stabalize your current settings.)

Ooops, Yes I mean 2.8 vdimm (Corrected the typo). It will run on 2.9 and 2.7 but seems to like the 2.8 best. Yes, the loose timing and NOT running in dual channel. I have the sticks in channels 2 and 3 and it seems to like that alot. It made a huge difference. I could barely boot at 220 MHZ before I moved them.

Chipset is 1.8V, it does not seem to like anything other than that. I have 7 fans in this machine so there's plenty of air moving around.

Stabilization is the most important to me at this point. I have no desire to go further until that happens. Is there a stock BIOS with the CPC control functionality??

Thanks for the help.

Hi guys....

I just want to let you all know that burning in your bh-5 really helps. I did it in dc mode with 1 gig and it now runs at 10x250 with timings 11-2-2-2-2-9-12 CPC ON!!!!!!!!!

So that is great. I also noticed the errors in memtest, with cpc on, went down. With cpc off i could easily run more than 40 hours memtest test 5 without a single error. So this is very hopefull.

Originally posted by TheWizzard

Hi guys....

I just want to let you all know that burning in your bh-5 really helps. I did it in dc mode with 1 gig and it now runs at 10x250 with timings 11-2-2-2-2-9-12 CPC ON!!!!!!!!!

So that is great. I also noticed the errors in memtest, with cpc on, went down. With cpc off i could easily run more than 40 hours memtest test 5 without a single error. So this is very hopefull.

Yes I know.. Its helped me get a few more fsb too.. :D

Originally posted by THunDA

Yes I know.. Its helped me get a few more fsb too.. :D

well ive had my twinmohs bh-5's for several months now, but I have never really "burned" them in. think it would help any if I did it now?

chris.y2k- your not the chris2k that plays CS are ya? :rolleyes::)

@flying hamster:

i would recommend you to do so indeed. What i did was burn the ram in at regular basis, e.g. when you go to bed and let it burn in during the night and leave it that way till you come back from work/school. Actually i do this every night and every day, till i come back from my work. In this way the rams got from fsb250 without cpc on to fsb250 with cps on and booting to windows and do all the regular things in windows that i do normally.

And again, i noticed the errors, with fsb250 and cpc on, went down. So yes, in some strange way it really works (because of herbs :D ).:nod: