TCCD and CPC

Hello...

I have 1GB (2x512MB) of Corsair TwinX XMS 2,2,2,5 ram. In my overclocking attempts, I am finding that at a FSB of 250 that I need to have CPC disabled. Is this ordinary? I thought that TCCD Ram could handle the 1T at a little higher FSB. My vdimm is 2.8 and my timmings are a lose 3,4,4,10 atm while running Prime 95.

Originally posted by Net-trix

Hello...

I have 1GB (2x512MB) of Corsair TwinX XMS 2,2,2,5 ram. In my overclocking attempts, I am finding that at a FSB of 250 that I need to have CPC disabled. Is this ordinary? I thought that TCCD Ram could handle the 1T at a little higher FSB. My vdimm is 2.8 and my timmings are a lose 3,4,4,10 atm while running Prime 95.

well, i think your ability to use 1t depends on two things...

1. you cpu's mem controller, some will be more likely to run 1t at higher speeds than other. 1t stresses the mem controler more than 2t

2. not all tccd's will do 1t at higher FSB's either. i think this depends on how the companies speed bined the IC's, the PCB design, and luck of the draw.

so theres alot of veriables there, and you only need one, to kick you back to 2t.

it is also much harder to use 1t with 2x512, than it is with 2x256

not to much you can try.

you could try setting your dram drive strengh to level 1, and see if you can use 1 there

and you can try different ram slots, 1&2 and 2&3 seem to work the best

GL

-Jess-

Originally posted by mad mikee

[b

Have you check that link lately jess - I get not found:confused: :confused: [/b]

no M__M, humm, i even checked it though two of meh rigs, loged out at OCforms, and even tryed on a neighbors comp.

i tryed it in EI, Mozilla/firefox, and MIE2, what browser are you using M__M?

-Jess-

Originally posted by Net-trix

With CPC enabled (1T)....my timings are at 3,4,4,10....after I test full stability will try to tighten them abit.

yeah i would be sure it was stable at 3-4-4-10-1t first, it is possible[/], that you might get 2.5-4-3-x-1t, or 2.5-3-3-x-1t, stable at 250

GL

-Jess-

Hmm, I can go 280 with 2 sticks at 1T with 2.5-4-4-10 on the DFI 250GB.

So the ram is definately capable (I have OCZ EL rev 2 TCCD) have you tried 1 stick? I ask because I hardly ever see anyone that can't do 250 @ 1T.

And also, these Samsung are actually rated at pc4000 so 1T @250 should really be quite easy.

I think to eliminate the board or the RAM you have to try it in another PC, it's the only way you're ever going to be sure, is that possible?

Axel