The DFI Street Lounge

Guest culinist_merged

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your money is no good here ExRoadie!

Bartender, put it on cpu-z's tab :)

I would think that this could actually be great for business as I'm sure the submerged PCs are all trashed. I truely hope that something good comes out of all this for you. Really nice to have you back Bro!

Guest culinist

Hey Ex, next round is on me. Just want to thank you for staying to help those who needed it. Good Job, and welcome back.

scott

Yeah, you wouldn't believe the stories I have accumulated over the past three weeks.

One guy brought his Shuttle XPC saying it was covered in plastic but never got in the water. I took one look at the connectors on the back and knew better. The inside was filled with broken pine needles and the little pellets of foam insulation.

The file server for a law firm looks like it was tossed off the back of a truck on the Interstate.

You feel bad for all the people that lost their digital pictures because they never had a backup.

The businesses that never bothered with a backup are really hurting. One law firm is spending over 10 grand on data recovery. They had a backup but put it in the fire safe. We found the safe four blocks away on its back full of water.

At one seafood packing plant, the PC in the shipping department is actually holding up part of their building. Those Compaq mid tower cases are tough. lol

We have a special arrangement with one of the data recovery services for deep discounts on data recovery for individuals that only want email or images recovered. The drive has to show signs of flood damage and they drop their rates to below $400.00.

Here's to a good backup stored off-site.

Cheers.

sure, put the drinks on my tab (lol do i have one :D).

it will be a Mr. Pib for me, been a long time since i had one :D.

and exrodie, about the PC's, im sure the CPU's at least could be reused if they didnt have any power going through them huh?

thats too bad, cant imagine my PC trying to swim :(

compaq computers are TANKS! my aunt has a midtower that weighs as much as an eliphant :D. my case on the other hand, well a swift angry punch from anger caved the top in, i think its made of aluminium foil cause i anit hit it hard, CHEAP THING :D