The DFI Street Lounge

Guest culinist_merged

SIDENOTE: BBC America is airing Benny Hill..lol

Hehe, Angry and I were watching episodes the other night.

I am frying my brain with college. I need to figure out who it is I need to pay to get out of this stinking place cause they just keep taking my money and not giving me anything. Who knew a piece of paper could cost so much.

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am frying my brain with college. I need to figure out who it is I need to pay to get out of this stinking place cause they just keep taking my money and not giving me anything. Who knew a piece of paper could cost so much.

you are getting something, a gold ticket to get you into bigger and better places. seems costly now, but it will payoff, trust me, keep with it!

Just add a little Benny Hill every now and again!

@Ace: lol

I know Cpuz, but it still doesn't make me feel better. I am grateful though that I have the opportunity to go and not have to work though, it makes it so nice that AG volunteers himself to be the workerbee :).

And Thunda, I don't think there would be enough money to bribe AG out of letting me quit college. He's a slave driver!

I got so fed up with college professors acting like they were the king of the world because they could send a teaching assistant to teach the class while they stayed in the office.

In one semester I had a professor teach exactly 12 hours with the balance of the class time instructed by the TA's. The Student Government Association petitioned the Chancellor to set a minimum of 80% in class instruction.

It took a further two semesters but they finally gave in.

Don't let the learning get the best of you.

The primary benefit of a college diploma is proof that you have the ability to learn. That's what makes you valuable to most employers.

I know Cpuz, but it still doesn't make me feel better. I am grateful though that I have the opportunity to go and not have to work though, it makes it so nice that AG volunteers himself to be the workerbee :).

And Thunda, I don't think there would be enough money to bribe AG out of letting me quit college. He's a slave driver!

Exactly and I know that, it just gets to be a pain in the you know what sometimes ;). I also benefit from the fact that Boise State is a relatively small university so I get easy access to all the professors. I have yet to take any college course taught by a TA.

That's the exact reason I wish I had gone to a smaller school. That one-on-one contact is more like what you get when you find the right job and people really work together.

Exactly and I know that, it just gets to be a pain in the you know what sometimes ;). I also benefit from the fact that Boise State is a relatively small university so I get easy access to all the professors. I have yet to take any college course taught by a TA.

That's the exact reason I wish I had gone to a smaller school. That one-on-one contact is more like what you get when you find the right job and people really work together.

never had this issue at LaSalle. I'm not boasting , just reporting that i NEVER had any such thing as a TA. Of course, it was a private school though.

Large schools tend to lean towards the impersonal. My classes at MIT were always small.

One Geography lecture class at LSU had over 200 students. It was a 100 level class but jeez it was huge.

Things got better in the Honors Collegium. My biggest class was 18 I believe.

never had this issue at LaSalle. I'm not boasting , just reporting that i NEVER had any such thing as a TA. Of course, it was a private school though.