Dazed & confused

New here & to DFI in general. I'm having major problems getting this thing to run at a 200mhz/FSB (specs in sig)! I've upped the voltages to no avail (& actually had to drop them some due to artifacts showing up in my Bios screen). What really confuses me is I've had this same 2500+ Barton run on both an Epox Nforce2/333 & an MSI Nforce2/400 board using the 200FSB x 11 at standard voltages! I can't even get it to run underclocked using a 200mhz FSB! I know the chip can do it so what could be the problem here?

Do you have any other ram to try ? maybe a freinds to borrow..?

Ive seen some people not having much luck with Geil ram on dfi's..

Flashing to the newest 619 bios might help also.. but wait for some more suggestions first .. I would think even with the 11-27 bios you should at least be able to be stable at 200fsb..

Just be patient there are many smart and helpfull peeps here..

Welcome to DFI-Street ... :)

So I flashed to the 6/19 Bios & now booting into XP Pro gives me a "NTLDR missing Press any key to restart" plus pressing any key does nothing...I have to reset to start. Just in case I tried this Flash using the Diamond Flash Image version and the Awdflash too. Now what's up?

Well, luckly I had another computer handy. I went back & grabbed the 12/31 Bios & it flashed fine. But flashing the 6/19 gives me the same error as before (& I'm using the one off of the DFI site). Seems to be running 200x11 fine although I can't get it to boot at anything slightly over a 200mhz FSB.

Do some searches in this forum.. it doesnt seem like the DFI's like Geil memory.. Check out this thread and scroll down a little.. RGone says they have never had good luck with geil ram.. Im not saying for sure but the man knows what he is talking about.. ;)

If you have other ram to try that would be an easy way to know for sure..

Originally posted by Kalypso

So I flashed to the 6/19 Bios & now booting into XP Pro gives me a "NTLDR missing Press any key to restart" plus pressing any key does nothing...I have to reset to start. Just in case I tried this Flash using the Diamond Flash Image version and the Awdflash too. Now what's up?

Go to Bios... that portion where you set time, date, HDD, etc.

Sorry, I hate rebooting now to check. Change HDD or IDE access mode from AUTO to LBA. That should solve the problem.

So you can't get pass fsb 200. I had this as a recent problem and you may want to check the below thread.....

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread...=&threadid=1646

Good luck !!!!

Originally posted by Angry_Games

GEIL memory, for the most part, sucks in NF2 boards....not just DFI's either.

Well, it's the same memory that I used sucessfully on the other 2 boards without any problems (I was actually running the Epox board at 208x11 at stock voltages). It would be nice if I had some other RAM lying aroundto try, but I've never needed it before so I don't.

The system just rebooted for no reason again so I guess 200x11 is still not going to work. I just tried another flash to the 6/19 Bios & made sure my drives were labled as LBA but still get the "NTLDR missing Press any key to restart" message. Anybody know what NTLDR is?

like i said, ive tried with GEIL memory on the DFI NF2's, the Asus NF2's and it sucked on them.

plug that same memory into a VIA chipset board, and it works fine. Plug it into an NF2, and it sucks.

it may have worked fine on your other boards, but these arent your other boards. I successfully plugged in the crap GEIL into our low-end Ultra-AL Nf2 and overclocked a 2500 to 220FSB with GEIL PC3200...but plug it into our LP series or Infinity series and it goes kaput.

not all hardware works from one set to another. Anyone who thinks just because 'it worked on my old rig' finds out the hard way....this just isn't a rule you want to try and live by with computers...