can't run at stock speeds

Well if you're looking for testimonials I have a mobile 2500+ at stock speeds with no strange volt mods running at 1.475V and I have not had the cold boot problem since I upped my AGP voltage (2 months). I am using the 6/19 official bios too. It is also 24-hour prime95 stable at 215MHz x 11 at 1.55V but since I am a quiet cooling freak I run at the lowest voltage possible.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:) ...don't fall for the 3000+ as that is where your troubles lie right now> if you are replacing cpu go with a mobile 24/25/2600+ and get over into known good territory. It is time to get over where the largest percentage of users are having success instead of out on some unbeaten path that appears instead to beat up the user.

Sincerely, RGone...

I got my 2600 mobile

installed it

comp saw it as a mobile

set all bios settings manually

200mhz fsb

66mhz agp

11x

1:1

1.65vcore

1.5vagp

1.6vchip

2.7vdimm

Ram: 73332 (didn't touch anything after that)

windows installer ran fine. comp rebooted, comp hung at windows loading screen. turned off comp, let it sit a min, turned it on, booted right up. installed drivers, rebooted, hung at loading screen. Worked fine when it was turned off/turned on again but hung on next reboot. I tried just doing reset afew times but it won't boot unless it is turned off/turned on.

I tried up to 1.7vcore/down to 1.57vcore.

and 1.7vchip

and 2.6vdimm, 2.8vdimm

does the same thing each time.

I'm using stock cooling for everything and temps stay under 45 for cpu, under 40 for chipset.

I didn't have much time to mess with it yesturday but do you have any tips for me to try when I mess with it today?

The system seems to run fine until I reboot, I'll do more extensive benchmarks today.

I have been able to run prime95 for 20min and had no reboot problems with these settings. I have never had prim95 run more than 4min w/o halting or bsod until now.

200fsb

66agp

11x

1:1

auto vcore (1.55v)

auto vagp

auto vchip

2.7vdimm

ram settings at optimal

This is a definate improvement over my last cpus so I guess I'm making progress. I'll try afew more voltages to see if I can get it to prime longer.

I tried setting the fsb over 200 just to see what would happen and it posted fine, it just wouldn't load windows. With the 3200 proc it would not post and give a siren if I went over 200. I don't plan on going over 200mhz fsb at all right now but it brings my hopes up that this proc will work when I see it can do it.

It just ran prime95 on maxpower/heat torture test for 1hr and 31min before craping out. But when I rebooted the machine it hung at the windows loading screen again.... I'm so confused now, lol. I had to turn it off/on again to get it up. I haven't entered the bios once since I got the 20min prime95 run. It must be mocking me for continuing to try and get it working or something.

Ok so yur doing better I take it?Try not to raise and then lower the vcore(I have seen peeps dork the bios that way) put it to say 1.75 and keep it here till you push 2.5 2.6 if you plan on going that high also up the mem voltage... Have you tried 3v and above?I had my ocz running semi stable at 215 with 3.2 volts...Up the agpv too 1.6 is good for starters.Is your water block back on yet?? you should do soome real clocking then:)

Oh and my windows hangs once and a while also(blue bar just stops!?!?!!?!)

but that a windows thing I think?!?!!?!?

Anyways Its good to hear yur back on track just take it slow and steady....peace

here are pics of my bios as it is right now. These are the most reliable settings I've had sofar. Everything else I have tried either doesn't boot, BSODs, or doesn't run Prim95 for more than a few seconds.

Bios Pics

I know it is only at 200fsb but that is all I'm going for at this point.

When I change the voltages either up or down from where they are Windows doesn't load. When I change the ram settings to expert windows doesn't load.

Anything else I should be messing with? Like the agp bus speed or anything?

If you think it would run stabler over 200 or something I'll go for anything. I all I want is a stable comp at this point. I'm tempted to just say screw it again and underclock it to 166mhz again so it is at least usable even if it does suck.

I tried your suggestions mott13 but it didn't like those voltages to much. When I set the vcore up that high I have to put the fsb up to around 220-230 and 10x multi to get it to boot. But once it is up it is VERY unstable.

My ocz doesn't seem to care what voltage it is on. I have never had anything change by changing the vdimm. I had them at 3.3 at one point and it didn't cause any change in behavior.

I have a 120mm fan blowing on the ram so it stays nice and cool no matter what I put it at.

I do have my waterblocks back on if you think I should try crazy voltages on my cpu/chipset. Temps don't change no matter what voltages I use.

My 3500 el's were VERRY disapointing for me and my setup so got rid of em on ebay and threw some of the stuff that's in my sig and

never looked back!!I dont like to say it because ocz makes some verry good ram but those 3500 didnt sit right at any voltage!

As Rgone put it:

Now here is a truth> Put pc3200 memory in the system. Put 400DDR/200mhz cpu in the system and load optimized defaults.

See if boots? Does not boot? RMA the board. Simple. This precludes all the beating around.