• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by tictac

ok thanx.. i will use it on my LPB later

then we can attempt romsip mod :shake:

Yeah, hope you get it soon :D

@Hellfire...

Where are ya, bud? I tried to reach ya over msn. :(

Just curious about this bios. I've downloaded it but haven't flashed yet. Havent flashed the 619 official either though as so far tictacs 215 is still going strong for me. I've read about some issues like with memtest failing earlier for some guys on another forum and Rgone suggested it was the flash method. Maybe that was just between the official and beta I'm not sure but is this bios cool? I have an extra bios chip so I'm not worried about dorkin one temporarily but if its still being worked on I'll probably just wait til its done. By the way S.A.E. what/where is the 5-5 21T6 by adv? The 429 by Evilous is how I boinked my first bios chip when I cleared CMOS. yah then I learn you don't clear CMOS for that bios DOH!! So I'm curious about the 429 and 505 as Ive heard some good bad and ugly about em and with a backup chip just maybe I'll get wiggy wit it:nod:

This bios is/was modded by AdvModDev and he did not want to give these files to more and more users f**king up their bios chips with them. Though it's not his fault and the user must know what risks he is up to... he felt responsible and took them away.

Bummer, it's not his fault as anyone who flashes anything but an official should be totally aware of that problem. Bunk. I was hoping to give it a try sometime. How is it different from the Evilous 505 and are there special instructions for flashing that one. Like I'm told not to clear anything just set everything to optimized and let it go at that then start back on the OC mountain trail. Thanks for the quick answer by the way:D

Guest Hellfire

OK, I've been gone for a while but I have had some beta testers test on Rev 2 of this bios release, there are a few things I have to fix up like the P2P-EXT values being incorrect but this next bios release should be feature packed. Stay tuned in these coming days. :)

Have fun playing Doom III :eek: It is scary as hell !!!

I am having some strange problems with all the 6/19 bioses including the hellfire ones. My computer tend to freeze randomly with LAN activity(LAN Drop? I have ZAP 5 installed). The 1/21 beta does not appear to do that but instead randomly reboots and has a warm reboot problem. I am stuck with an unstable computer which is unable to prime. It will run Memtest forever but will not be stable in windows XP or prime.

Help... need a solution

Hmm Im having lan drop-outs too. Might be too hot SB, its burning my hands if I touch it :( The nic just "disconnects" from net, then I have to disable the connection and enable it again, then it works for a time, Im using the Nvidia lan...

Well, you need to slow everything DOWN to the point where it DOES pass prime AND memtest AND 3Dmark all for HOURS on end without trouble.

From there slowly tweak UPWARD till it FK's up.... then work on the issue's as you find them on the slow march to OC-hood.

Cooling SB is really important. I'd say HOT to the touch is a BAD thing :nod:

I have a bigger HS on it AND a 120mm fan blowing over it.

The whole prime/memtest/3Dgame thing not working is an indicator of too fast/bad cooling/etc.... you need to ferret it all out. Takes TIME. If I charged myself $75/hr as the going rate.... I'd be rich...er.. hey wait... nevermind :nod:

Guest rcillig
Originally posted by rafalexp

I am having some strange problems with all the 6/19 bioses including the hellfire ones. My computer tend to freeze randomly with LAN activity(LAN Drop? I have ZAP 5 installed). The 1/21 beta does not appear to do that but instead randomly reboots and has a warm reboot problem. I am stuck with an unstable computer which is unable to prime. It will run Memtest forever but will not be stable in windows XP or prime.

Help... need a solution

I had that same problem untill I installed a fan to blow over the southbridge and it stoped freezing up on me. Its a temp fix untill I get a better heatsink for it.