Should i try an other bios?

bigpun

Hi!

just bought my infintiy nf2 ultra.

Runnin a xp 2400m on it

Vcore 1,8, Vdimm 2,90 with 220FSB x 11.

Runs fine with windows temp of 47 degrees.

So i want to get higher with my FSB but i dont get it working stable.

Rams are 2x256 MDT. 11-3-3-3-2.5

What can i do to get it runnin higher? Increase VDD? or an other bios?

If so which one (link)?

I dont have a bios savior here.....

I leave my vdd at 1.7. If you are running a stock bios you need to get a bios savior and then flash to 1/21 or 1/31 bios. I was abllt to go from 230fsb to 250+ fsb when I flashed my Infnity bios. The stock bios isn't the best, IMO.

:) higher, higher and higher; it is a disease. Sometimes not a healthy afflicition either. Truth and reality become blurred.

Since your memory is unfamiliar to me but you do state that it 'is' cas 2.5; lets just suppose it is similar to CH-5 winbond stuff. If it has not heatspreader to cover the chipset types then by all means let us know. But back to my original direction.

You are on the stock bios at low Vcore and an 11 mutiplier. Well I have run some of the beta bioses using the 2400+M and a multiplier of 10.5. AND Vcore of 1.95 and Vmem of 3.2V and found that about 240x 10.5 is about as far "normally" as CH-5 will go and be prime stable and 3dmark2k1 and have memtest86 showing no errors as well.

Now I had to be quite presumptive in assuming you have CH-5 memory BUT the truth is your memory is rated CL2.5 so that is a fair assumption. So before you chase all around the world looking for bios saviors and starting to flash to this or that bios, why don't you merely drop the multiplier to 10.5 and see how far it will go. Of course I think you will need 'more' Vcore and Vmem in the range of 3.2Volts to go much higher. But give the adjusting a try before you begin what is a chase that is not without chance of problems. Of course this is just an observation of mine. Higher and higher and higher may well be your battle cry.

Sincerely, RGone...

u must tell us the voltages that u r running ur vdimm/v-core/etc.

never heard of that memory so it´s a wild guess how much it can achieve.

try lower multipliers,raise ur vdimm,and up with the fsb to see how much u can achieve.maybe lower timmings(cas 3) would help.

get to know ur components first,see how much ur memory can do,and ur cpu .then try to make a combination of the two.

sorry 4 my english...

I already posted my vdimm and so on....

i tried them up to 3.2v ....i know they can handle it...they are quite famous here as quite good rams.

here´s a link

http://www.mci.de/MDT_DDR400NL.pdf

[email protected]

as cpu cooler i use a zalman 7000a-CU

Im just a bit feared with all this trying out....2 days ago my hd data was corrupted....and i had to reinstall sys.

The data on anohter partition also wasnt recognized anymore...but i could access it from win2k

so....i run these settings for some days now and its stable.

What should i i do to go on for higher speed?

other bios yes or no?(but no savior available)

or what settings should i change?

Cuz when i set FSB higher it most of the time resets.

Temps are @ 44 degrees idle and about 48-49 loaded.

A lot of the Mobil processors like to peak out around

220 FSB as their "comfortable" spot.

They don't seem to like high FSB as well as the XP chip.

A person who gets lucky and gets one of those exceptional

chips that will really overclock usually has to get it by using

a higher multiplier.