CMOS Reloaded and Flashing Bios

Ok well I was just thinking how CMOS reloaded affects flashing BIOS.

Do you need to re-create each Reloaded profile with the new bios?

yes, once you flash to new bios, you need to re-save settings if you wish to go to them at some point.

example: using 11/27 bios and having a stock and an overclocked save, if you flash to 12/31 and then try to use the 11/27 overclocked save you will have problems.

Another tip:

If you have a BIOS Savior, you should have at least one User Config for each BIOS. That way you can load the profiles from the hotkeys. Just make sure you don't mix 'em up...

Originally posted by soundx98

seems like more than one board has been borked by flashing and then using an "old bios" CMOS setting. It is a definite NO-NO.

Yep, I can personally attest to that! I borked my board doing that exact thing. I think it would be a cool feature to just automatically nuke the reloaded settings upon a successful flash, IMHO.

Daddy

...how many shut-down and clear the CMOS by the pre-scribed DFI manner as listed in the FAQ's, after a bios flash. I have done this a number of times and it appears that when I do this the flag that leads to the CMOS reload is no longer there and I really find it quite difficult to get a CMOS reload profile to load after a solid and complete CMOS clear after a bios flash. That is just how it appears on my board at most times.

So for me, I flash and clear the CMOS fully and then shutdown and swap to the ORG side of bios savior and boot up to the bios page and load the ORG 11/27/03 bios settings at default to the last two CMOS reload profiles. Then I shutdown and swap to the bios savior RD1 side I always run and load the default of the bios flashed onto the bios savior (RD1); into the profile 1 and 2 position. Previous to beginning to try things this way; I had totally left the CMOS reloaded feature alone just as I do many of the buttons on my TV remote control. I just find that sometimes the more complicated I make a setup, the more complicated it becomes. Did I say what I thought I said? Man oh man, I got to get a life.

Hehehehehe. RGone...