Shutting Down For A While ...

waterlou

Hey All -

I am shutting down the army for a while. I will keep the MacMini running, but have decided that I need to keep it cool for a bit.

After recently achieving a few milestones, I wasn't about to crack the top 10 with the rigs (3) and points (14K / week) I was getting. In any case, this will allow hardnrg to have a chance and FINALLY catch up!

Cheers all!

Waterlou

honestly, this is the biggest reason I've not started folding again. Simply can't afford the extra $100/month from having 4-6 computers on running 100% anymore =(

maybe a solar-powered computer would help? I get first dibs!

Guest KrankyOldLady

I am sorry and yes i see the need for it too, but my electrick bill is rising to much for my wallet.

Good time to buy into a solar panel :) Sell back some of that power...

Yea or maybe a couple of those windmills or something. Electricity has went up about $70 a month here since January just on fuel surcharge alone. My light bill was $454.00 last month...

Ya, the initial cost of wind or solar is pretty big, but not having to pay a monthly bill again saves in the long run. If i can make some extra money this summer I might invest in running a couple computers (folding) completely off the grid :)