Gigabyte Ga X48 Dq6 Overclocking

Ok guys have my system built and am not having any luck getting it overclocked. It is actually saying it is running at 1.60ghz on the Q6600. I hate to be a pain in the . but I need to know step by step process getting her overclocked. It is my first build from the ground up and need help with the rest.

I want to get her to 3.00ghz and leave it that way for awhile. I have seen that is not to hard to archive and have a cooler just need some help from you guys.

Thanks!!!

My system

Q6600 G0

AC 7 Pro

Mushkin XP 4GB DDR2 800 4-4-4-12

GIGABYTE GA-X48-DQ6

EVGA GeForce 9800 GTX(G92)

Seagate Barracuda 500GB 32MB Cache

CORSAIR 620HX

Pioneer 20X DVD+R SATA

Vista Home Premium SP1 64-bit

Antec 900

Edited by knightsar

The speed is dropping to 1.6 because the C1E and EIST settings are on. Those are power saving features that lower the speed when the system is idling.

You say you're not having any luck getting it overclocked. What have you tried?

The speed is dropping to 1.6 because the C1E and EIST settings are on. Those are power saving features that lower the speed when the system is idling.

You say you're not having any luck getting it overclocked. What have you tried?

Tried to wing it with no luck will read the sticky thread and see if will help me.

Yeah get all that speedstep stuff turned off in the BIOS and disable any CPU fan control too. Use an FSB of 334x9 and depending what your default Vcore is you might not even have to adjust it, but maybe a small bump just for stability sake. Keep your RAM timings, speed and Voltage as close to default as possible for now. I don't think your gonna need to add any extra voltage to the chipset just yet.

Is your RAM 4 x 1Gbs or 2 x 2Gb? 4 sticks can be a little more finicky than 2 when overclocking, but 3Ghz for the Q66 is nothing really, I would say if your having any trouble at that speed its probably your RAM timings, drop it to 5,5,5,15 or 18, make sure you don't "auto" the Voltage's, set them manually.

Good luck bro

Hi

1. load standard BIOS settings

2. go to OC section set your multiplier on 9

3. FSB set for so much as you need to get 3GHz you willl see on the scren

4. go to DDR section change strap to see on the screen MAX 800MHz

5. press F10 and after Y ;)

sory for my english ;)

What should I have for voltage on my processor I can't recall becase I am at work but I think I was in the 1.2 volt range is this ok or to high?

Definitely not too high. In fact, if you plan to continue pushing the o/c you'll need to give the Q6600 more than 1.2vcore to get it up there. But find your ceiling at stock volts first and then add a dab here and there as you continue to increase the cpu frequency.

Definitely not too high. In fact, if you plan to continue pushing the o/c you'll need to give the Q6600 more than 1.2vcore to get it up there. But find your ceiling at stock volts first and then add a dab here and there as you continue to increase the cpu frequency.

Sounds good!! Thanks!

You're welcome. If you haven't ever read one of the excellent overclocking guides around here I'd recommend that you read it, then read it again. It will explain the methodology for determining your maximum cpu clocks and your maximum memory clocks and then how to combine the two.

If I had just one sentence of sage advice to offer it would be this "Overclocking is best performed a little bit at a time".