Help, I Cant Control The Fans

hey, my cpu temp jumps from 45-50c resting to 60 stress.

its a q6700 (stock not oc) with Thermalright Ultra -120 eXtreme+ ARCTIC COOLING MX2 (i think thats the heat sink, i might have misspelled it), and a SilenX Ixtrema Pro 120mm x 25mm 11dBA Fan , but i cant control the fans to decrees heat.

im at the point that they work silently even when the cpu is tressed, i tried to use uguru but when the temp reaches 50c (the temp i told him to switch to turbo fan) it didn't switch, and i tried to use speedfan to 100% but it still doesn't effect.

there is no reason why my cpu will reach that temp in rest, not with the mega cooling i bought (+5 chassis fans + coolermaster 690 chassis).

help, how can i lower the temp? and how i can control my fan's speed?

temppv7.th.png

Edited by FatalMelody

i wrote what fan im using, and if its running at 100% then there is something wrong, because my ac is on at 19 degrees, the fans is 100% and i have mega heat sink and still my computer is hot, it doesn't suppose to be like this, this computer was planned for oc, its suppose to be cooled when its on stock, but its so hot that im afraid to do oc

Edited by FatalMelody

CPU Fan is reading at 1200RPM in your screenshot, which would indicate it is indeed running at full speed according to the Specs

Also, in the screenshot, CoreTemp is showing 47 degrees for each core (which seems reasonable considering the load).

That suggests the Abit EQ temp is pretty inaccurate if it is showing 60c.

Edited by jammin

ok, so if its not clocked then its 40-45 and sometimes reaching 50. but if i overclock it, how much will it reach?, is it worth overclocking?

and the load the was on the picture, was just avast scanning for viruses and itunes, if i play games like crysis im guessing the load will be 100% and 75% like you saw.

CPU Fan is reading at 1200RPM in your screenshot, which would indicate it is indeed running at full speed according to the Specs

Also, in the screenshot, CoreTemp is showing 47 degrees for each core (which seems reasonable considering the load).

That suggests the Abit EQ temp is pretty inaccurate if it is showing 60c.

ditto8pi.gif Kind of wraps that all up in a nice, neat package. Overclock it and see what the core temperatures go to.

ok, a few days ago it read just fine, but for some reason he begun to read it wrong.

anyway ive got two questions:

1. i did a stress test and the core's temp reached 60c (without overclock), is it risky to overclock it?

2. if i overclock (just raise the fsb, without rising the voltage) will the temp rise? or if i wont change the voltage it will stay the same?