Thermalright 120 Extreme Vs. Tuniq Tower

Alright guys im down the wire, I'm going to buy one of these but help me decide which one. I'm looking to achieve around 25c idle temps on a B3 Q6600 and not over 50c under load. Are these crazy expections for either one of these coolers. Also same temps when i upgrade to a qx6850 which i have heard runs on the warm side. Thanks for the help.

Alright guys im down the wire, I'm going to buy one of these but help me decide which one.

The TRUE is superior to the Tuniq. It depends on your overclock, ambient temps, and airflow through your case wether or not those are temps you can achieve.

The tuniq tower's mounting system isnt my favorite. I guess the tops of the screws are known to break off. :withstupid: The UE120 is generally accepted to be the better heatsink.

the thermalright is better but it's costs more and comes without a fan. and they are like 1-2c diffrence.

so i'll go for the tuniq. if money isn't an issue get a noctua NF-P12 with the thermalright for the ultimate air cooling solution i know. i have 4 of those fans in my case they are quite remarkable piece of art. sso bearing FTW

Edited by sunken

the thermalright is better but it's costs more and comes without a fan. and they are like 1-2c diffrence.

so i'll go for the tuniq. if money isn't an issue get a noctua NF-P12 with the thermalright for the ultimate air cooling solution i know. i have 4 of those fans in my case they are quite remarkable piece of art. sso bearing FTW

More then 1-2c difference, and I would get a higher CFM fan and a fan controller to keep it tame for 24/7 use if money is not an issue.

That way you can crank it up for better cooling when benching or gaming, and turn it down for regular use.

thank you so much guys, im gonna go witht the TRUE because for the price difference id say it worth it. thanks again

Be sure it will fit in your case first. You need almost 7 inches of clearance to close the side panel. It just touches it on my giant chenming server tower, and barely closes.

I run my tower "naked" anyway, just the frame :lol:.

yes you can get higher CFM fans that goes 110cfm but at a cost of extreme noise.

but if noise is not an issue you can get well above 1-2c diffrence with the thermalright

yea thanx puck i already inverted my side fan to the outside of the case (thermaltake armor with the 25cm side fan. Im gonna go with the TRUE black when it comes out. should i use 2 fans or just one? i dont care about noise. also which fans push out the most air? i dont care how loud they are im constantly blasting trance anyway. (the neighbors love me)