Water Cooling Setup.

Well I've got all my stuff picked out for my new water cooling setup, just wanted to run it by you guys before I order. Tell me what you think, if there are better price / performance upgrades please let me know. I wanted the $44 rad but its out of stock so I'll have to buy the $54 one, honestly I don't see any difference between the two but what ever <_< .

Pump

CPU Block

Hose

Additive X2

Reservoir Probably going to buy a bay res later on. But this is cheap for now.

Clamps

Radiator

Thermal paste Think there is a better kind out now or something?

Anyway let me know what you think, suggestions are greatly appreciated.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dude nice setup! the crazy part is I have the same thing but with a whole bunch more blocks! good luck, and rember LEAK TEST!!!

Thank you very much Phil, and yea I'll be leak testing lol. This is going to be my first liquid setup. In like 6 months I'll be buying a phase change. But I'll be on water for now. I hope all goes well. I may wait until I can get the cheaper rad. But regardless I think it will be a good setup. Right now I'm just going to have my CPU on the loop but in the future I'll throw my VGA and chipset onto the loop once I get into some heavier overclocking.

Edit: Will I need to buy this with the radiator? Or does it come with it for mounting?

Edited by Gr4vitas

No it does not come with it, I would get 7/16" tubing, the rest will work for a quad as long as you do not intend on putting anything else in the loop. I have that same exact setup on a quad at 3850 1.53 vcore setting in the bios and it runs 52c-54c on the hottest core.

Cool, I'll have to get the stupid mounting bracket then?

Edit: 7/16 is friggin huge isn't it? And I'd have to get special barbs for everything no?

Edited by Gr4vitas

Cool, I'll have to get the stupid mounting bracket then?

Edit: 7/16 is friggin huge isn't it? And I'd have to get special barbs for everything no?

No 7/16 is just a little smaller than 1/2 = no leaks. As far as the rad box, I dont know if you need one, if that is how you are mounting it then yes...

No 7/16 is just a little smaller than 1/2 = no leaks. As far as the rad box, I dont know if you need one, if that is how you are mounting it then yes...

Can you mount it without it? And why would 7/16 be less prone to leak? Plus I want maximum cooling anyway.

Because it fits the barbs tighter than 1/2". 1/2'=8/16"

I see, so the 7/16 will fit on 1/2" barbs, just crazy tight. Will 1/2" be tight on the 1/2" barbs? Or do you rely on the clamps more with the 1/2" to 1/2"?

I see, so the 7/16 will fit on 1/2" barbs, just crazy tight. Will 1/2" be tight on the 1/2" barbs? Or do you rely on the clamps more with the 1/2" to 1/2"?

You have to rely on clamps with 1/2" it is not that tight. With 7/16 some people do not put anything on the hose as far as clamps because it fits so tight...

You have to rely on clamps with 1/2" it is not that tight. With 7/16 some people do not put anything on the hose as far as clamps because it fits so tight...

Sounds like a win win to me lol, thanks for the incite. It shouldn't hinder the cooling performance all that much anyway. I'll just have to go fix my shopping cart to all 7/16" tubing. Thanks again for the advice! :thumbs-up:

Ps - I hope it isn't to much of a pain to fit that tubing onto the barbs lol

Edit: Whats the best 7/16" tubing I can get from Petras? I just want it to not kink and be clear not foggy.

Edited by Gr4vitas

Sounds like a win win to me lol, thanks for the incite. It shouldn't hinder the cooling performance all that much anyway. I'll just have to go fix my shopping cart to all 7/16" tubing. Thanks again for the advice! :thumbs-up:

Ps - I hope it isn't to much of a pain to fit that tubing onto the barbs lol

Its a tight fit, its hard to get it on plastic fittings or barbs, if you use all metal fittings and barbs its not to hard if you got a little muscle. Some people have to put the end of tubing in hot water to get it on....