Watercooling Liquids: Distilled+additive Or Premixed Non-conductives?

I was wondering what people experiences were with different cooling fluids. I am using distilled + additive (zerex) but I'm thinking of going with PC ICE non-conductive which seems to be an oil based non-toxic (i would use the clear kind) and looks to not stain or discolor my hose. Anyone had any experience? Should I not be worried about the clouding hoses? The zerex looks like its leaving watermarks all over my acrylic resevior... not sexy.

Edited by Uh8meDoncha

I've been running PC-ICE and PC-PURE for about 4 months now. They seem to work well and there non-conductive. Saved my . a couple times from leaks...

I had PC-ICE leak all over my video card for about 2 hours while it was running. Didn't break the thing so the non-conductive part is very true.

I've never used distilled water + Additive. I really don't like the part much of water + PC. I'd rather have something thats going to be non-conductive rather than just pure-ish water.

Edited by Shadowfactor

I've been running PC-ICE and PC-PURE for about 4 months now. They seem to work well and there non-conductive. Saved my . a couple times from leaks...

I had PC-ICE leak all over my video card for about 2 hours while it was running. Didn't break the thing so the non-conductive part is very true.

I've never used distilled water + Additive. I really don't like the part much of water + PC. I'd rather have something thats going to be non-conductive rather than just pure-ish water.

I may give it a try. The non-conductive part is good with PC-ICE and the clouding from the dw+zerex mixture is bothering me a little bit. Plus the zerex smells like hot candy when you spill it. I spilled a little in the last case that I had and I could never get that smell out. Whenever I turned my machine on it smelled like i was boiling koolaid. Granted it was my first attempt and when I switched cases I made sure not to spill any but that plus the clouding gives me enough reason to at least try PC-ICE. I have a full container of it I bought and never used. Its scentless and non-toxic. I have a dog and I'm kind of afriad of it licking up coolant somehow specially when it smells so sweet.

Verran if you read this can you tell me if your mixture is clouding your hose? I know that nothing wicks away heat better than distilled water so there is the chance that the PC-ICE may not perform as well. dw is like 99 cents a gallon so its not like I can't go back.

Clouding my hose? I'm not really sure what you mean by that, but I guess I'd say no.

Well I guess it depends one what kind of hose you are using. I would guess most hose you wouldn't be able to tell if it were clouding because the hose material. Its probably nothing. My hose is green but clear as glass well it was clear as glass. Now its got a haze and if I pinch the hose an rub the inside together the "haze" on the inside rubs off. I thought it may have been the thermaltake hose I was using but its happening to the clear hose I bought as well. I'm going to drain the system then run plain distilled through it for a little while then replace it with the PC-ICE i have and see how that goes.

Guest ajmatson

I have used Feser One for a while and I love it. My E8500 idles at 22C and loads no more then 47C even during gaming and benchmarking.

I think I may try the fesser one. I had been using the Thermaltake green stuff until about 2 weeks ago when I order some of petra tech's blue additive and used distilled water. I'm not sure if I just mixed wrong (I triple checked to make sure I did it right), but my temps shot way up to 80 C on idle! and 111 C on full load! It kept shutting down my pc and It took me a couple of hours to figure out what was causing it. As soon as i took half of it out and put in half of the thermaltake (it's all I had around here) back in my temps went down to around 38 c on idle and 45 or a little more on full load.

Guest ajmatson

I have been quite pleased with the Feser one coolant. I wanted the black one but DD only had the blue and it looks really good in the case.

I am using pentosin blue and distilled water in two rigs with no problems. I had one hose blow off a video card because I forgot to turn the pump on and it got hot and built up pressure. It soaked my MB and VCs but I quickly turned it off and dried everything out and all is good...

Im using DW and Zerex, and my res does have a big brown spot in it. But I cant tell if the hose is clouded, because I have blue UV dye in the system.