Water Cooling Here I Come!

Gr4vitas

Alright I'm addicted to OC'ing, recently I was able to reach 3.9ghz on my air setup and I want more! :ph34r: So time for water! Anyway I need some advice on what to buy, I've never looked into water cooling so I don't really know whats quality and whats not. Right now I just want to cool my CPU. The only thing I really know is that DD is a good company to buy my CPU block from but I don't know which block to buy, or pumps, tubing, rad, and res. Anyway if anyone has some advice on what to get.

And I don't have a budget, obviously I want the best bang for the buck but it doesn't matter how much I spend.

Edit: And I want all 1/2'' ID fittings and tubing ;)

Edited by Gr4vitas

Alright I'm addicted to OC'ing, recently I was able to reach 3.9ghz on my air setup and I want more! :ph34r: So time for water! Anyway I need some advice on what to buy, I've never looked into water cooling so I don't really know whats quality and whats not. Right now I just want to cool my CPU. The only thing I really know is that DD is a good company to buy my CPU block from but I don't know which block to buy, or pumps, tubing, rad, and res. Anyway if anyone has some advice on what to get.

And I don't have a budget, obviously I want the best bang for the buck but it doesn't matter how much I spend.

Edit: And I want all 1/2'' ID fittings and tubing ;)

buy the D-tek Fuzion or the Swiftech apogee GTX waterbolck, those are a bit better than the DD blocks. get the liang D5 pump (aka. DD-D5, swiftech mcp55)

any res would work, the EK multi-option res' are nice but hard to find at a decent price. and for the rad(s) either2x120 or 3x120 I have one of both and it's optimal. good luck man and remember 24Hour leak test!

yeah do not forget the leak test and when you are putting it together, I had all my stuff in there so that I could figure out where the tubing needed to go and so I could cut it to exact length. take your time doing it and placing everything.

buy the D-tek Fuzion or the Swiftech apogee GTX waterbolck, those are a bit better than the DD blocks. get the liang D5 pump (aka. DD-D5, swiftech mcp55)

any res would work, the EK multi-option res' are nice but hard to find at a decent price. and for the rad(s) either2x120 or 3x120 I have one of both and it's optimal. good luck man and remember 24Hour leak test!

Alright I'll look into those pumps, what about tubing, is there anything specific I should use?

Edit: Where would be the best online store to order all my liquid stuff from? (US)

Edit2: Wow the D5 pump isn't cheap :unsure: almost $100 just for a pump?

Edited by Gr4vitas

just remember....

water gives you more stable temps much quieter

it NEVER promises higher overclocks.... while many times you get better ones, it isn't a promise

I have the Laing D5, Fuzion block, Pontiac Boneville heater core with a homemade shroud and twin 120mm fans (all fans in case are wired to a controller and usually kept at low...very quiet)

reservoir is homemade with PVC pipe (guide is in the guide section).....