Got bored and put all my spare fans in my pc. Very bootleg rig, but ke

Guest stereogames

Guest stereogames

One day i got bored, so i started strippin all the fans from my old computers and power supplies. Some wire stripping and twisting later this is what i came up with. Before the cooling , my gpu temp was 50. Now it is 30-35 during gaming, 20-25 when non gaming. Heres a pic , i know its bootleg , but it does the job, and is pritty quiet.

IMG_2616.jpg

Heres my systems specs from systemrequirementslab.com (COD4 test)

Untitled.jpg

Guest stereogames

too 1337 for words. Sorry , ima have to steal your toothpick idea :( I was using tape. OMG maybe toothpicks + tape at teh bottom to lessen noise!!!

too 1337 for words. Sorry , ima have to steal your toothpick idea :( I was using tape. OMG maybe toothpicks + tape at teh bottom to lessen noise!!!

Toothpicks ON thick the double-sided tape! Amazing! But yeah, get the toothpicks in there tight and level otherwise it'll sound like a jackhammer was accidentally set loose in your computer. Aim for 1"+ clearance so you can get maximum airflow out of your fans.

a bit off topic...

I think it's about time OCC gets a "Ghetto Engineering: The Poor Man's Solution" thread going so everyone can share their own quick-and-dirty fixes. Certainly would give us something no other forum has, that's for sure.

Edited by iKillSteal

Ghetto FTMFW!

I agree though you definitely need more clearance for those fans.

Just be careful you don't overload your PSU with too many, you should be fine though...

Make some cardboard ducts ;)

Top 3 Ghetto Modding Supplies:

Duct Tape

Hot Glue

Cardboard

oh yea and

WELCOME TO OCC

I think it's about time OCC gets a "Ghetto Engineering: The Poor Man's Solution" thread going so everyone can share their own quick-and-dirty fixes. Certainly would give us something no other forum has, that's for sure.
I definitely agree... Edited by Andrewr05

Ghetto FTMFW!

Top 3 Ghetto Modding Supplies:

Duct Tape

Hot Glue

Cardboard

I don't think I've ever used cardboard, but I've had some fun with the ghetto mod world as many here already know, can't wait to get the main rig back up water cooled for some of those pics :)

Here we have the classic LAN rig case...sadly it has moved onto the setup seen below, where it doesn't have any "special" engineering...yet

Here we have the answer to my problems of not getting airflow from the bottom to top of my OLD case....actually it was my "last" case as far as the main rig's concerned :lol:

Here was one of my mod helpers at one point

Anyone who knows me knows there's a lot more, but I think that's enough for now :)