Cooling Help

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gee Thanks I think. :unsure: :unsure:

What he's saying is that most TT water setups are usually inferior to other setups... usually, good aircoolers>junk TT water. For example, the infamous Triple 120mm Bigwater has two radiators - a dual 120 and a single 120. Now the funny part is, that the single 120mm is 1/4"... whilst the rest of the system is 3/8" - what the heck :lol: Then you have the junk build quality... I believe there reservoirs have a reputation.

That Zalman you had in there is an alright HSF, but there are better air coolers such as the Tuniq 120, the Thermal Right Ultra-120 eX etc. Getting to my point, a $60 aircooler> than more expensive sub-par water cooling. Only go water if you're willing to spend for a decent system, meaning $250+. That and the Kandalf is a ridiculously expensive case.

Just gotta ask, does your $~320 purchase really feel justified?

Edited by The Unforgivin

What he's saying is that most TT water setups are usually inferior to other setups... usually, good aircoolers>junk TT water. For example, the infamous Triple 120mm Bigwater has two radiators - a dual 120 and a single 120. Now the funny part is, that the single 120mm is 1/4"... whilst the rest of the system is 3/8" - what the heck :lol: Then you have the junk build quality... I believe there reservoirs have a reputation.

That Zalman you had in there is an alright HSF, but there are better air coolers such as the Tuniq 120, the Thermal Right Ultra-120 eX etc. Getting to my point, a $60 aircooler> than more expensive sub-par water cooling. Only go water if you're willing to spend for a decent system, meaning $250+. That and the Kandalf is a ridiculously expensive case.

Just gotta ask, does your $~320 purchase really feel justified?

I understand what you are saying, however I have to say I purchased a Blue orb..did nothing (old case). Then I purchased a Zalman 9700 did nothing (old case). I decided to to liquid cool for a couple of reasons. First I run vid cards in SLI and the amd 6400+ black box. They both are running very hot. My old case did not have or had a place to add an intake fan. I could have gotten another air case however my experience with my other case had me concerned that air may not have been the answer. I like the kandalf and while the liquid cooling may not be the "best in class", it does keep my cpu temp between 41 and 44 degrees even under load. I don't overclock much at least not yet. I could probably get another fan and not the liquid cooling if needed. And BTW, I paid $289.00 for the case.

One more thing, I guess a question, can't I upgrade the pump and blocks later if needed? I know its costs more but it is an option, correct?

I appreciate everyones help and I don't want to sound ungrateful, but I had to do something quick...Last time I left the side of my case of for a while, my cat Pissed on the motherboard and fried everything.

One more thing, I guess a question, can't I upgrade the pump and blocks later if needed? I know its costs more but it is an option, correct?

Yea you can do that, philbrown23 just got through doing the same thing, ask him...

re. Don't mislead the poor guy. The way you said it makes it seem to other ppl that don't read the fourms as much as we

do seem like it'll be okay to upgrade.

Yes you can upgrade the blocks and pump but I wouldnt. There's just no way you can take a sub-par cooling system and make it good. I would never upgrade that system. It'll cost you hardware and headaches.

Philbrown tried to do this and it was horriable. If I wasnt on my iPhone I'd link you.

If you wanna upgrade to a better cooling system that liquad get ready to spend 250+

I will never buy anything thermaltake cooling wise.

the cases are nice though well some.

Good luck with you system!

now get to oc'n

re. Don't mislead the poor guy. The way you said it makes it seem to other ppl that don't read the fourms as much as we

do seem like it'll be okay to upgrade.

Yes you can upgrade the blocks and pump but I wouldnt. There's just no way you can take a sub-par cooling system and make it good. I would never upgrade that system. It'll cost you hardware and headaches.

Philbrown tried to do this and it was horriable. If I wasnt on my iPhone I'd link you.

If you wanna upgrade to a better cooling system that liquad get ready to spend 250+

I will never buy anything thermaltake cooling wise.

the cases are nice though well some.

Good luck with you system!

now get to oc'n

Well my case had a place for one more intake fan...dropped the temp by 5 degrees....now 35 idle 39/40 with full load. Even with my 2 vid cards in SLI. Far cry from the 64/65 I had before....

Yeah you could but I did the same thing and it cooled really well like 29c idle-37c load BUT it eventually leaked and caused a whole bunch ov headaches and a motherboard! my advice is don't upgrade that kit, leave it as is until you decide wheater or not you want to stay water if so buy a completely new setup, or if not buy a thermalright 120 extreme like I shoulda in the first place. either way it's really up to you, I can only ma ke the suggestion ;)

P.S. I like those kandalfs myself I just think they look nice, too bad others think they are ugly!

I appreciate everyones help and I don't want to sound ungrateful, but I had to do something quick...Last time I left the side of my case of for a while, my cat Pissed on the motherboard and fried everything.
:lol: :lol: :lol: hahahahahahah :lol: :lol: :lol: hahahahahahaha

Yea you can do that, philbrown23 just got through doing the same thing, ask him...

see above

Yeah you could but I did the same thing and it cooled really well like 29c idle-37c load BUT it eventually leaked and caused a whole bunch ov headaches and a motherboard! my advice is don't upgrade that kit, leave it as is until you decide wheater or not you want to stay water if so buy a completely new setup, or if not buy a thermalright 120 extreme like I shoulda in the first place. either way it's really up to you, I can only ma ke the suggestion ;)

P.S. I like those kandalfs myself I just think they look nice, too bad others think they are ugly!

:lol: :lol: :lol: hahahahahahah :lol: :lol: :lol: hahahahahahaha

see above

Phil,

What did you actually try to upgrade? I was thinking if I was going to do it...just the blocks and pump. ask long as your connections are tight what could happen?