Intel cooler Vs Asus silent knight 2

Ok so the reason iam doing this is that iam getting a new heatsink at the end of the week and getting rid of the silentknight 2 so i have put the intel sink on for a few day and given my mate the silentknight buy anyway huge diffrence in temps between these And one thing that you never want to do is use the intel heatsink .

I was running my Q6600 @3.00Ghz and getting max temps of 48c and 31 idel With CASE CLOSED temps where about 5c lower all round with case open

But with the intel heatsink and Running my Q6600 @2.4Ghz Idel temp is 38c and full load 57c WOW and this was with my CASE OPEN ,i would not fancy even trying to over clock this with this Intel Heatsink

My new heatsink is the mighty Thermalright 120-ULTRA (it comes on Friday i cant wait) once it arrives i will compare the temps i get with it in here for everyone. and i will post the results on Sat about 1.00pm

So i supose to round this up the Intel heatsink sucks and the silent knight is quite good (Now i just hope that the Thermalright 120-ULTRA is better)

If you have the 120 Ultra maybe you could post some temps you get .

post-30235-1199565341_thumb.jpg

post-30235-1199565375_thumb.jpg

post-30235-1199565401_thumb.jpg

post-30235-1199565430_thumb.jpg

Damn thing is down right beastly. I think I'm gonna go for two of these for my case, and one for my U120. B:)

3x50db? That's gonna be LOUD. Those 3-fin Deltas are great at moving air, but they are annoyingly loud. Plus, 180cfm is just overkill. There's a point where more airflow doesn't do any good.

I game with headphones and near max volume man, not a problem for me. And if you think this is overkill, there's a 140 fan that moves 467 or so CFM at 86dba. Two three fins in a longer enclosure, contrarotating.

Edited by Gimmick

I'll venture a wild guess and say you're living in the US, in which case I'd either grab a Low Speed Yate Loon (silent) or a Medium Speed Yate Loon (more airflow, but a little less silent) :)

The Yate Loons I ordered from Petras are closed corner fans making it about impossible to use the the clips that come with the Ultra 120 Extreme to mount them...

And if you think this is overkill, there's a 140 fan that moves 467 or so CFM at 86dba.

LOL. I've got a couple of fans like that around the house actually.

sBigForkinFan.jpg

Pulled them out of a server back in my hardware days. I figure I'll never use them, but they were just too awesome to go to the dumpster :P

(The square fan is a 120x120x38 for reference, and I believe the big one is rated around 600CFM. I've fired it up, and it's definitely a finger-chopper :P)