Vista Sleep

AcePilot88

For about 8 months, my Vista has slept whenever I've told it to. I have a laptop, and the screen turns off while the power button slowly fades in and out. In the past few days, it has started just turning the screen off while keeping the power light on, and all I have to do to wake it up is move the mouse. Before I had to press the power button to wake it up.

Any ideas?

sounds like something got changed under the power options.

The state that it was currently under for the last u8 months was called Hibernation

and the state that it's currently in is called Stand-by...

Hibernation uses a lot less power than stand-by

Well, I did some experimenting, and when it's plugged in, it does the thing where all I have to do is move the mouse. When it's unplugged, it does the kind of sleep I want it to.

Does anyone know a setting that does this? I've looked throughout power options, and I can't find it.

It should have multiple power profiles that offer a large listing of options and things related to power and how it shoudl react plugged in vs on battery. Don't have my Acer in here with me atm so i cant just look at it and see exactly where the settings are, but it's under the control panel and I think the actually battery/power tray icon somewhere.