URGENT Help on building!

sti-06

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

update:

I got my computer diagnosed and they said. It is about the memory compatibility. I really loved the OCZ reaper designed and wanted to use it but I guess I need to get a replacement.

I tried crappy ram from dell when I was diagnosing and it didnt work so I dont know what ram to get now.

update:

I got my computer diagnosed and they said. It is about the memory compatibility. I really loved the OCZ reaper designed and wanted to use it but I guess I need to get a replacement.

I tried crappy ram from dell when I was diagnosing and it didnt work so I dont know what ram to get now.

If you tried other RAM I'd rule out it being a RAM issue...

update:

There are issues with some boards not being able to boot with the 1.8v they put out and the RAM requiring more volts as stated in post #22, 23, 24 of this thread. Some people were taking a cheap 1.8v stick and booting then changing the RAM voltages then shutting down and replacing the RAM. Most of those issues on most boards were solved by a bios update...

ok I upgraded the bios and still same thing. Boots up with crappy ram, not with the new ones. They do work all together but when i take off the old ram it doesnt boot.

Can anyone direct me waht to do on bios to adjust the voltage? American Trends bios.

ok I upgraded the bios and still same thing. Boots up with crappy ram, not with the new ones. They do work all together but when i take off the old ram it doesnt boot.

Can anyone direct me waht to do on bios to adjust the voltage? American Trends bios.

Put the crap RAM in boot into the bios, change the DDR Voltage to what you RAM is spec for, shut it down and change the RAM..