URGENT Help on building!

sti-06

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One more question

Wil ocz reaper and corsair xms2 work together with out problems?

Different RAMs will work together but they will all run the speed of the slowest sticks, however its is not recommended to mix brands and such.

Try booting wih jsut ONE stick of ram in, the OCZ shows 2.1v at the egg and may need more than the 1.8v "standard" of DDR2 to POST in a dual channel (or any) config. NOt all motherboards will default to higher than 1.8v, ESPECAILLY not boards such as the ECS you bought based on past experences.

Try booting wih jsut ONE stick of ram in, the OCZ shows 2.1v at the egg and may need more than the 1.8v "standard" of DDR2 to POST in a dual channel (or any) config. NOt all motherboards will default to higher than 1.8v, ESPECAILLY not boards such as the ECS you bought based on past experences.

:withstupid: I forgot about that, I remember some people were taking a cheap stick of 1.8v RAM to get into the bios to change the volts then putting there good RAM back in...

Yep, my P5B-E is one of the boards that is a PITA with this sort of thing, though it'll boot with one stick of my ballistix to set voltages (thanks to it being "slow" ballistix :) nd the intel chipset not supporting 1T)