Custom Paint JOBS !

Hey guys i'm in New York City and was looking for a place that does custom paint jobs so I can get someone to paint my PC case But dont have any idea where any are! I search all over the internet today and couldnt find anyone..... You guy have any ideas?

A lot of car places will do the work if you do all the prep work.

So you'd need to:

* derivet the case (drill the rivets out to separate all the panels/cages etc)

* use an orbital sander or sanding block to sand down the panels, wire brush on stuff like the drive cages etc...

if it's bare metal, they can paint it just like a car, they might even be able to bake a powder coat for you, you just need to get rid of the horrible paint on the case first basically... also, prepping the plastic parts, with bondo (filler) as necessary is a good idea, a light sanding with a high grit helps a lot

if you have a local body/paint shop, take down a few sketches, mock-ups, renderings to show what kind of designs you have in mind, then split it up to numbered panels and pieces etc, if they can see a well-thought out design that is clearly explained so anyone could follow it without any doubts, it is much more likely that you would be taken seriously

if you do some of the leg-work, you'll be able to get them to do the paint work :)

A lot of car places will do the work if you do all the prep work.

So you'd need to:

* derivet the case (drill the rivets out to separate all the panels/cages etc)

* use an orbital sander or sanding block to sand down the panels, wire brush on stuff like the drive cages etc...

if it's bare metal, they can paint it just like a car, they might even be able to bake a powder coat for you, you just need to get rid of the horrible paint on the case first basically... also, prepping the plastic parts, with bondo (filler) as necessary is a good idea, a light sanding with a high grit helps a lot

if you have a local body/paint shop, take down a few sketches, mock-ups, renderings to show what kind of designs you have in mind, then split it up to numbered panels and pieces etc, if they can see a well-thought out design that is clearly explained so anyone could follow it without any doubts, it is much more likely that you would be taken seriously

if you do some of the leg-work, you'll be able to get them to do the paint work :)

Just like hardnrg stated above, that legwork is the most important part of getting a good paint job. With all parts cleaned and ready for painting as stated they will take you seriously and may even make suggestions to help you get the best possible design and all. Merry Christmas and Happy Modding to ya.