HDTV: 26in 1080p or 32in 720p

Shadowfactor

I'm getting a new monitor for my computer

I'm looking at 2 HDTV's

A samsung 26in with 1080p

Or

A samsung 32 inch with 720p

I'm looking for picture quaility,but bigger is better.

I'm going to use a dvi to hdmi cord.

Would I even notice the difference b/w 720p and 1080p coming from a computer.

Would 1080p be so much better picture that loosing 8 inches in size be worth it.

We dont have hd cable. So it won't matter for watching tv.

I will be gaming mostly on the computer. Such as crysis, call of duty 4, lost planet, cs:s and hl2

Some 32" can display 1080i, and yes the picture does look sharper than 720p on a 32". (at least to me)

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/395872

Like I said in your last topic if your Friend does own that store, ask him if you can test our your computer on the one you want to buy.

Edited by Krazyxazn

How can u run it at 1900 x 1200 ? It says the reZ is 1368 x 700 ( not

exact numbers I forget them)

You shouldn't forget them... you could have a TV with 320x240 resolution that supports 1080p, it supports the input of a 1080p video feed, just scales it down to the crappy native resolution

look for the native resolution... a lot of "1080p" displays are nowhere near 1920x1080 / 1920x1200 native resolution...

e.g.

if your "1080p" is only 1366x768, my 20" WS 1680x1050 display is way higher resolution, and looks a lot better for games...

went to the shop today and hooked up my computer , This is the TV I decided to get unless anyone can find a reason not to..

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1169512289365

Samsung LNT3253H 720p

1366 X 768. I'll be sitting around 4 feet away from the TV, it'll be mounted on the way..

I looked at some nice 24 inch Monitors with 1900 X 1200 and to me the HDTV just looks much more crystal clear...

I also looked at the Hanns G 28 inch monitor, the monitor looked nice , just need some major color tweaking.

If anyone can find a reason for me to go with a Monitor instead of this HDTV, please post right away.

I'm getting a DVI to HDMI cable for it and everything

Yea, like I said previously its gonna need major color tweaking lol. Desktop too bright, video playback too dark, but games just perfect :D.

I vote for the HDTV, but I rather have you save up your money and get a 1080p HDTV instead of 720p. It will be worth it in the future.

One question how far are you going to sit from the TV if your going with that route. I mean it will be hard to read text at more than 6-7 ft. Unless your going to be sitting in front of it like a PC monitor it should be fine, but your looking at a wireless setup (KB/Mouse) on your sofa, this might not work.

Wait and see what other think before you go rush and buy a HDTV :P.

Edited by Krazyxazn

why would you want to game with 8800GT SLI at ultra-low resolution? it's just the widescreen version of 1024x768 lol

Second that.

Those cards are gonna be at idel most the time.

A 24" @ 1920 x 1200 would look worlds better than any HDTV at 1368 x 720. Fact.

I ended up buying a different model tonight actually, I didnt notice it because he didn't have any displays. I just happened to go to bestbuy and glance at them as I was walking by the HDTV's and saw a Samsung 32 inch 1080P model for 800 throuigh him. I'm happy with this purchase.

The 32 inch 1080 runs at (1900 X 1080) funny rez but whatever lol

and the worst part is. Wait till I run dual screens, I'm sure that'll tax the hell outta my video cards

it probably would since you have to disable SLI to run more than one screen...

True, can't dual screen with SLI. Pretty retarded.

Have fun with your new montior :D. I hope it comes with PiP so you can use PC and watch TV lol.

I'll be upgrading sometime in the future, but need to focus more on internal hardware than external atm.

Edited by Krazyxazn