QX9650 Best Cooling ?

You never mentioned the Antec before I posted that. It's pretty good. Anyways, in the first post you say you want to spend at least 250$ on cooling, and then you ask whether water cooling is not extremely expensive, doesn't make much sense to me... :rolleyes:

I like my OCZ ModXstream 780W. works great for my SLI system.

OCZ is a good brand which has alot of different models depending in your needs.

PC Power & cooling is a awesome brand. Make some of the best PSU's and of course they are now owned by OCZ.

I agree with CChalogamer about your comment.

Water cooling is around 250-300 for a good setup that will keep your temps low.

I mean if your going to spend 1200 on a CPU which extremely overkill IMO as well as many others here I think you should be able to spare 250 bucks for a Watercooling system.

I can't believe you would acutually buy a Rosewill PSU to power your system. thats like sticking a Lambo on ICE and expecting it to do well.

you dont seem to have your money where it should be going.

I could see a billion things you could have done with the extra 900 dollars that you would have saved by getting a Q6600 or a E6850 instead of that 1200 CPU which will probably never reach full potential

I mean it's your money. But if it were me.

I'd sell that CPU & mobo

then get another video card.

buy a Q6600 or E6850

buy a Motherboard ( 780i SLI chipset )

buy a Nice PSU.

I think that would be a much better system if your playing games.

The Extreme series processors are really meant for heavy apps like rendering 3d models and things like that, there complete overkill for gaming and a personal PC.

Sounds like a pretty good idea, but $170 for a 15% restocking fee is a huge pain in the .! Also I'm using it mainly for games but When i'm working from home I do use 3DS max and other design programs and its helped out alot as well.

Haha I would really hope so many people wouldnt be so angry at me when the reason i'm posting is because I dont really know what i'm doing!

So thanks for your help!

What is a good water cooling company to look into?

Ebay the processor and see how much you can get for it.

I mean you might loose like 50 bucks or so but It'd be worth it I think, you'd get more performance for gaming on it by going with 2 video card's

If you got a new system. I'd wait until the desktop 45 nm chips came out then sell it.

There are no good kits minus some custom built kits. ( ie. Petra's tech shop kits )

Just customize your parts.

We can help you pick out a Water cooling system if you want and there are alot of great guides on the net for setting it up.

I wasn't trying to be mean , It's just powering such a nice processor like that with a cheap PSU just isn't right...

I mean would you want a lambo with ford focus fuel injectors ??

I'll start out with my suggestions.

D-tek FuZion CPU block. ( $60)

Laing DDC w/ Petra'sTech DDCT-01s Top Combo ( $99)

Swiftech MCR-320 "Quiet Power" Series Radiator ( $54 )

Some sort of Resivoir depending on the type you want.

Do you want to water cool your Video card or Chipset ??

Sounds pretty awesome! I'm going to look into it alittle more. Also I want to cool my video card alittle more. My AIgear is showing my cpu at 35C idle around 47C load and my mobo stay around 50C. I think if I just go water cooling it'll solve alot! I have to get a new case first... probably by the end of this week. Thanks guys!

• 2 weeks later...