2 pumps in one system?

philbrown23

You should return it. Pay the restocking fee if you have to. It's worth it.

Seriously, unless you want to buy REALLY good water cooling, you're better off with an air cooler. Something like the Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme will beat most of the cheaper water systems out there and it's only $55. I think a lot of people assume that if it uses water, it's got to be better than air. This is just absolutely not the case. Keep that in mind.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, unless you want to buy REALLY good water cooling, you're better off with an air cooler. Something like the Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme will beat most of the cheaper water systems out there and it's only $55. I think a lot of people assume that if it uses water, it's got to be better than air. This is just absolutely not the case. Keep that in mind.

I just thought of something.... if I was funning folding@home would that make my temps go up a little bit?? because it is using my cpu??

I 100% agree, afterall it's a fact. Now dont think I'm anti watercooling at all, hell im one of the people here with a custom setup on my E6600 (granted it's the same "old" setup I had on my Opteron 165 "back in the day") I even watercooled my server at onepoint, and no not the current OCed opteron server, the older 3.0 Northwood P4 at STOCK speeds server.

Here's a pic of that one for ya :)

server.jpg

Honestly with the budget constraints you keep telling us you have I would send back the Crapwater as I like to call it and the 7300GTs, buy a good aircooler and 8600GT and you'll thank us. If you got the video cards off newegg you can probeven talk them out of part if not all ofthe restocking fee if you find something about them that was "unexpected" (loud fan or something hell idk it's newegg, until they stop using United Package Smashers (though I need to find a new name for "we'll change your address to whatever the . we feel like and send it there without bother to tell you or fix it after 2 weeks," but I havent figured that one out yet)" I'll continue to give all the advice possible to get the most "out of them")

Btw the 8600GT comment was just a reference because iremember seeing one for something like $80 after rebates right after you were having problems with thoes reject cards in SLI. There's likely a better option but I dont have time atm to look it all up just to have you ignore all of this anyway.

So if you promise to listen I'll take time later to help :)

This cant be real. Phil HAS to be someone's alternate login that they post under just so you guys can all flip out and I can read it and LOL at the replies.... Entertaining posts FTW!!! :lol:

I just thought of something.... if I was funning folding@home would that make my temps go up a little bit?? because it is using my cpu??

I am so convinced that this is a trolling incident that I am having doubts about my theory. It's just THAT absurd.

short version:

um yeah....

long version:

ummmm yeah.......

Really long detailed entertaining version not meant to insult your intelligence, just entertaining:

The amount of heat produced by a processor is based off of two main factors. The first being the voltage. The higher the voltage, the hotter it is. The second is cpu usage. More usage produces more heat. This is because inside each processor there is an electron man. There is only one, unless of course you have a dual core, then there are 2, or a quad core, there are 4. Oh and hyperthreaded cpu's have an electron man with 6 fingers. Anyways, In order for the processor to think, the electron man has to run around in circles writing 1's and 0's. Well, when the cpu is operating at 100%, the electron man never gets to take a break, therefore he starts sweating profusely. And that is where heat comes from, electron man sweat.

This cant be real. Phil HAS to be someone's alternate login that they post under just so you guys can all flip out and I can read it and LOL at the replies.... Entertaining posts FTW!!! :lol:

Thought had crossed my mind.