Media plays in B&W...?

Ghost2520

So I've only been on this windows install for about a month, and until now its only been for visual studio/a few games.

Last night I tried to watch a dvd, and I noticed that every video file type plays in black and white! Any idea what would cause this? Looked around in settings and couldn't find much....VLC plays b&w, powerdvd, windows media etc.

So I've only been on this windows install for about a month, and until now its only been for visual studio/a few games.

Last night I tried to watch a dvd, and I noticed that every video file type plays in black and white! Any idea what would cause this? Looked around in settings and couldn't find much....VLC plays b&w, powerdvd, windows media etc.

do you have the latest graphics card driver, i had a problem like this with my laptop when i used an older version

Vid card? I know nvidia has settings that allow you to change video overlay color. A long while back, all my videos were extremely dim, but I found this, adjusted, and it was fixed.

So try and tweak the overlay/video color options and see what happens.

In WMP, unders Tools>Options>Performance>Advanced, look in Video

Acceleration to see if "Use high quality mode" is selected - that's what

turned out to be the problem with me. Selecting "Use high quality mode"

caused the video to play in black and white.

None of the suggestions worked :( I also downloaded the k-lite mega codec pack that I normally install right after getting windows up and running, no luck with that either. God this is the weirdest problem I've run into.

It's sorta like that movie sin city? Everything is black and white, but occasionally the color red is visible. <_<