Home Network

daniel

Well here is my question...

I want to set up a home network with wireless access all around the house, from which i can access the files of any computer...

So first i need a good wireless router which can manage a good ammount of connections and has a good wireless range...

Then i need some wireless access points which can connect to the router, and if i connect to the access point i can still access the files on the computers...

Meaning i need a good wireless router, and a good wirless access point

any help is appreciated...

thx

dan

I really like the Buffalo branded stuff. Way better than Linksys or D-Link... Although if you are using both PC and Mac, Belkin has been bringing the ruckus there and has drivers for both in the box.

well my laptop doesnt have wireless N and doesnt have any slots.. so i need one that is atleast g....

wut i need is an apx 100 bucks router... which is good...good range and all

and i guess one Wireless access point which is hte same brand compatbile with it... which also has a good range.. but htis one under 100...

i dont use Mac...

Edited by daniel

yeah but is it worth it to buy a wireless n... if ur not using the N... if u know wu tim trying to say...\\\

For example can the wireless access point receive N signal and send it in G... ???

Edited by daniel

yeah but is it worth it to buy a wireless n... if ur not using the N... if u know wu tim trying to say...\\\

For example can the wireless access point receive N signal and send it in G... ???

Wireless N has a lot farther range and is a lot faster as I already said. You do not have to have a N router, since you are going to buy a router anyway I was just suggesting a N router for the range and speed, you can always upgrade you PCs to 802.11n at a later date. You can set it to mixed mode, g only, b only etc. This one also has gigabit networking for PCs that have it.

mixed mode is n g and b???

Yes it is, I have mine on mixed as I am still using g cards also. I used to get only 3.5 to 4mb download speed on my g card and g wireless router, with n I now get the same speed I get on a gigabit wired machine 8mb download (all my isp will give me) while still using all my other g machines...