8800GTX vs. SLI-8800GTS

ClayMeow

But still I don't see the point why buy an 8 series card when there only going to be top of the line for 2 or 3 more months and then the 9 series are going to come out and then $630 dollars goes down the drain. I doubt nvidia is going to hold back there 9 series cards for 5-6 months so whats a little bit longer of a wait going to do to ya?

How is it "down the drain"? It's not like when the 9 series comes out an 8800GTX is going to be junk. Also, as he said, he's currently without a video card. So waiting 2 or 3 more months isn't really an option. If the 9 series was coming out next week, then yeah it might be worth waiting, but as it stands he doesn't really have a choice.

I think the GTX is the better way to go too. Less money, less power, less heat, and looks like roughly equal performance.

But, but, but... If you ever want to sell the cards down the line or when (not if :P ) you upgrade later, you'll have two cards to sell or build other computers with if you go SLI. :D

[i know, i'm reaching here, just pointing out some potentially irrelevant ideas] :lol:

I just went SLI simply because i've wanted to try it out for a long time (starting when 3Dfx was still around). :)

Edited by Psydotek